Note to New Members ×

Summit - Sunday Sec 20

mohouck

Hello So Cal Carvers!

I have been planning with oldvolvosrule, and CODA will be at Snow Summit Sunday Dec 20 with a few of the new CODA Sidecarve Demos.

I will hopefully be getting a good parking spot early in the morning for my black explorer with CODA logos on it.

Hope to see you there! :biggthump

AHHHHH!!!!!

Of all the weekends to pick... I'm gonna be at a friend's wedding that weekend.

Aaron said that maybe you'd leave some of the boards at Goldsmith's?

I'm actually much more interested in your monoboards. I have enough snowboards, and after my last purchase, I'm really really really hoping it'll be my last one for a while. On the other hand, if that snowboard turns out the way I want it to, I just might be in the market for a monoboard next year.

Quick question, do you put metal (or titanal or something like that) in your boards?

Also, the one thing that i'm curious about with the boards is durability of the tail. It's such a super deep V cut. I know people talk about Swallowtails being a little bit more delicate, but your boards a quite a bit more than just a simple swallowtail.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to demo a monoboard sometime this season, just not the 20th unforunately...

Bullwings- My hope is to get a couple of demo monoboards and snowboards into a shop in the Big Bear area. Aaron is being awesome with helping me on that front. I also hope to make a few more trips to summit to ride with you guys and bring demos this season.

As for the tail strength, you will see when you get your hands on one of the boards, that the tails are super strong. They are made with a torsion box construction with added reinforcement at the top of the V. We also do not profile the tails. The flex in the tails is controlled with the depth of the V cutout and the tension in the Tail Cable.

KingCrimson is correct on the Metal option. We use an aluminum alloy on top of the core and I just finished a prototype with the metal on top and bottom. I found with my prototypes last year that just having the single metal layer made a nice difference in dampness in the nose and in edge hold when carving through crud.

I am working on the typos (like "2008") with my web designer :o

I am looking forward to coming down!

I plan to bring several models of monoboards and,

two V0 Sidecarves

one V2-10 Sidecarve

one V0-xl Sidecarve

Aaron offered to bring an extra set of bindings as I only have one set of TD3 that I use at this time. I had figured that it is probably easier to use your own bindings that are all set up for your personal stance and your boots.

That is my demo "fleet" for now :)

If we have a typically beautiful sunny so cal day, I will have bee, soda, and grill hamburgers in the parking lot at the CODA mobile for lunch for all Carvers and anyone with them :D

I plan to bring several models of monoboards and,

two V0 Sidecarves

one V2-10 Sidecarve

one V0-xl Sidecarve

the V2-10 is the one i'm talking about, thanks, i'm looking forward to it and i have TD3's for that one as long as i'm not too heavy for it, around 220 llbs

Chad, i hope you are planning on riding and not just sit in the parking lot, your avatar picture looks good but watching you linking low carves on that monoboard is a pleasure

Chad, i hope you are planning on riding and not just sit in the parking lot, your avatar picture looks good but watching you linking low carves on that monoboard is a pleasure

I saw him on Stump Alley at Mammoth last year while I was on the chair lift going up. i never caught up to him or found him, but was definitely very awesome watching him link carves on that monoboard. Easily as tight as a skilled rider on a SL board. :biggthump

what are the specs of the two V0 sidecarve boards?

<!--model comparison chart-->

SIDECARVE MODEL COMPARISON CHART

<table id="t1" border="1" bordercolor="#999999" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="635"> <tbody><tr align="center" valign="top"> <td>model </td> <td>length/

effective edge</td> <td>span

(bredth at

tip & tail)</td> <td>waist

(bredth at bindings)</td> <td>sidecut</td> <td>tail-cable</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">V-0</td> <td align="center">170 cm / 166 cm</td> <td align="center">24.5 cm</td> <td align="center">19.5 cm </td> <td align="center">10 m</td> <td align="center">yes

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">V-0-xL</td> <td align="center">185 cm / 181 cm</td> <td align="center">25.5 cm</td> <td align="center">19.5 cm</td> <td align="center">10 m </td> <td align="center">yes

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">V-2-10</td> <td align="center">170 cm / 166 cm</td> <td align="center">27.5 cm</td> <td align="center">21.5 cm</td> <td align="center">10 m </td> <td align="center">yes</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<hr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 100%; text-indent: 0px; text-align: right;">

Why the 10 meter sidecut, why not more?

are you bringing a metal V-0 sidecarve?

if it's metal, I'm using it :biggthump

Albert, unfortunately I didn't try out the monoboards that Chad brought, Sorry. But watching Chad, Byron and Jason lay down some awesome carves on those things were amazing. They were definitely leaving trenches everywhere that we were leaving them. I will have to try one out later, maybe on Jan 3rd when our passes are valid again.

The thrill of the day was riding Chad's V-O XL sidecarve. I took a couple of runs on my Prior just to warm up and then mounted the Cateks on the CODA board. I made a few hard carves down Miracle Mile and the board responded under my feet. Once we bounced over to Chair 7 I let things loose. Short radius, long radius turns not a problem. I was digging the 18 cm waist, makes for quick cross unders. I took it down a run that is under Chair 10, fairly narrow, 70 feet wide approx. just to see if I could turn it in the narrow run, no problem!! I was able to rip off probably 12 hard carves in that narrow run.

You gotta try one!!

In addition, if you feel like BBQ'in in the Snow Summit parking lot make sure you bring a propane grill with you. The parking lot security team shut us down just when the charcoal was gettin hot! We got a few burgers and dogs off the grill before they put the clamps on.

Chad, just can't thank you enough for hauling your gear down here even after riding at Mammoth the previous day

One word.

Amazing. :biggthump

Fun boards, the only thing I noticed was that you had to let the cable engage before digging into your carves.

Nice quick cross-unders with pop and air in between.

Wouldn't mind trying a board with more camber though (even though there's already a ton in the board)

Thanks for the food, accessories, and the demos!

Can't wait to ride the XL :eplus2:

It was a lot of fun today!

I am getting ready to road trip with family tomorrow morning so I am short on time right now.

I got some video of the riding today that I will probably post on Wednesday this week.

Aaron, Julian, Andrea, and Robert! Awesome carving guys. Thanks for coming out. I truly enjoyed hanging out with you and I look forward to more in the future.

Hey Chad, it was good to meet you. Wish I could have had some time on your boards! I was able to see you guys from the chair lift a few times, and you were tearing it up! I am dying to try that v-o xl. You just have to come back on a weekend when I am not training with the patrol. By the way several of my patrol friends were very curious about your boards. Keep up the good work, and come back soon! :biggthump