Note to New Members ×

OK, I have a binding question.

Jeffrey Day

So, I'm generalizing here a bit.

But, the TD2/3 bindings seem to attract the recreational carvers. As does the OS1/2.

The F2 bindings are one of the choices of the racers out there. As is the Burton/Ibex and Phiokka bindings. And yes I know there are a fair amount of rec. carvers out there on these bindings too.

My question is where do the Snopro Race LTD bindings fit into the picture? What are peoples opinions of the Snopro bindings?

But, the TD2/3 bindings seem to attract the recreational carvers. As does the OS1/2.

The F2 bindings are one of the choices of the racers out there. As is the Burton/Ibex and Phiokka bindings. And yes I know there are a fair amount of rec. carvers out there on these bindings too.

My question is where do the Snopro Race LTD bindings fit into the picture? What are peoples opinions of the Snopro bindings?

PROS: Good enough bindings, thick bales, easy adjustments and fair amount of flex.

CONS: Won't fit larger boots (aprox limit 29M), four hole only, canting = so-so, non intec.

The brand has been around for many years, however, have fallen out of favor to some degree for last 8 or so.

Great for powder boards and lighter riders. IMO

Need a couple pair??

100$ each complete including shipping in USA.

to me they don't unless the ones after 2000 are WAY more durable, chew up the board less (they left some dents in the topsheet) and did not work any better than burton, f2, blax or any of the other softer bindings I've used. they were not terrible either but really don't offer anything that burton or f2 does not

So, if a guy was 150 pounds, sans equipment, not overly aggressive and dare I say a smooth rider that doesn't break equipment, would I be okay on the Snopro Race LTD bindings?

How are canting/lifting achieved on the Snopros and F2 bindings?

Do call me into court , but, yes, you should be fine. Good bindings really.

Both use shims, not the same shims.

So, if a guy was 150 pounds, sans equipment, not overly aggressive and dare I say a smooth rider that doesn't break equipment, would I be okay on the Snopro Race LTD bindings?

The Snopro Race is a good, solid binding EXCEPT for the fact it doesn't have a fixed rear bail! It is an intensely frustrating thing to try and step in, and keep having the rear bail clip down on you. After I switched over to F2 bindings with a fixed rear bail, I starting enjoying hardbooting much more because it made things so much easier.

Here we go, pic...

Just a small piece of shockcord, tie a not on every end, insolation tape to the bail, bring the loop under the toe block, done.

Entire fix costs $1 or less, takes 2 minutes to do, doesnt interfere with structure of the binding and is very efficient.

I just tried it on TD2, works too. Slightly shorter length is required.

post-1678-141842293305_thumb.jpg