Note to New Members ×

burner 188-ultra prime 164-oxygen FR67

WPCARVER

These boards are just collecting dust, time to go.Sims burner 188 good condition $200-Burton Ultra prime 164 waist19.7 sidecut9.52 excellent condition $150-Oxygen FR67 waist 21.8fair condition $60. All prices plus actual shipping. I am riding WP and summit if anyone would like to see any in person. Pictures coming later.

• 2 months later...

Thanks cfj04! I'm definitely interested. A couple of questions:

-What's the board's condition like? I don't care about some lift line rash on the topsheet, but how are the edges and base?

-I've heard Burners are stiff, especially in the longer lengths. Do you have a feel for optimal rider weight?

-How much to ship to 97209?

Board is stiff - probably 180 plus rider weight. As for condition, it is in overall good condition, plenty of edge and base life left. I'd recommend a new grind for next season but it rode fine as is. I'm just prefer a fresh base

Well, what the hell, I'm in. Please let me know what the total will be with shipping, and how you'd like to be paid: personal check, postal money order, Paypal, or something else.

Dhong, given what cfj04 said about rider weight there's a pretty good chance that I'll ride it a day or two and give you a call to see if you're still interested. ;-)

That was quick - I forgot to answer your shipping question. I usually ship for $25. If it's a tad more, I'll cover it. You can paypal $225 to cfj04@aol.com and I can get sent this week

Curtis

Yeah, I've learned not to dawdle when a Burner is on the block. :D

Payment sent through Paypal just now; looking forward to taking this bad boy for a spin at Mt. Hood Meadows in a week or two! :biggthump

BURNER day next year at NOES! Bryan, Abel, Dan, Scott, and with all the Burners running, we might be able to talk Snowman into coming. He rides the things as AM boards. OBES 2011!

Kickass! But all those guys on their Burners will be a pretty tough act to follow. I don't remember who it was, but someone here described themselves riding one of the longer Burners something like this: "I look like a circus midget getting launched out of a cannon -- on fire." That's probably going to apply to me too -- maybe I'll have to find a proxy rider. :D

Dan, We'll both be the Burner noobs. I've only ridden my 188 a couple of times. Not exactly a Tahoe weekend board. A 197 must feel like a jet powered greyhound bus.

Abel was telling me that some of them were custom built for racers, so they're not all the same. Snowman has a couple with entirely different flexes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much to Curtis (cfj04) for the board! It arrived nicely packaged and in good condition.

I took it out last weekend, scraped the first couple runs, sacked up enough to ride the sidecut the next few runs (big sidecut=FAST when you're not flexing the board much), then got to the point (and the snow softened up enough) that I could flex it into smaller turns and control the speed more.

Fun board! A lot friendlier than I expected: Bryan says that's due to the split tail making it easier to flex and easier to scrub out of a turn when you need to. I thought I'd be riding it and passing it on again soon, but I think I need to hold onto it longer for further study. :eplus2::eplus2:

Thanks much to Curtis (cfj04) for the board! It arrived nicely packaged and in good condition.

I took it out last weekend, scraped the first couple runs, sacked up enough to ride the sidecut the next few runs (big sidecut=FAST when you're not flexing the board much), then got to the point (and the snow softened up enough) that I could flex it into smaller turns and control the speed more.

Fun board! A lot friendlier than I expected: Bryan says that's due to the split tail making it easier to flex and easier to scrub out of a turn when you need to. I thought I'd be riding it and passing it on again soon, but I think I need to hold onto it longer for further study. :eplus2::eplus2:

That's nice Dan. Don't be afraid to really horse that tail too. Meaning jump on it, twist it ride it on the last two inches of edge - that kind of stuff. While I can jump on the nose at the start of the turn I feed it through pretty quick to the latter half of the board, but that may just be me. I know some claim the tails are weak but I am 250 and ride pretty hard and never even felt close to breakage.

I love mine. Both of em.