Note to New Members ×

Goin' to Breckenridge...

Kurt Swanson

Wondering if any of you can recommend some reasonably cheap places to stay. There's four of us and we are probably going to rent a condo for 4 or 5 days. I'm assuming there's a decent shuttle in town, but are there any bus routes to some of the other nearby ski areas? If so, any recommendations on which other places to checkout? Oh, yeah, I'm planning on heading out near the end of March.

"Why Breck?" Simple, the other couple my wife and I are traveling with have some free lift tickets. Not for us though.:( I've looked at their trail maps and it looks like most of our boarding/skiing will be near peak 8. Anyone have suggestions for good carving runs? Or how 'bout some other resorts nearby?

Didn't take me long to turn into a Colorado Snowboard snob, eh?? :D

Seriously ... I'd be one happy clam if I lived in Colorado ... or Portland ... or Vancouver or anyplace with some frigggin snow! it's 60 degrees here today. I rode my bike to work in a t-shirt and worked up a serious sweat. Pretty much nothing is open yet on the east coast ... bleah!

Sorry for the threadjack!

This is the coldest I have experienced in CO in a long time. It sucks

Thats 'cause you ride at that fancy Aspen place. The LCI are a bunch of boneheads that ride with windchills of 40 below, sometimes we are not very smart but we have fun.:freak3:

mario