Note to New Members ×

Clothing 'TURTLENECKS PLEASE'

jp1

Ok, this has driven me nuts for the past couple of years :mad:. I can NOT find a Lightweight Polypro TURTLENECK Top for the past couple of years ANYWHERE.

I use to buy a couple of Lightweight Duofold Turtlencks every year (as a base layer) that I could find just about anywhere, now I can't find a Polypro top with a 'real turtleneck' anywhere.

Any ideas where I can find Good Ole' Lightweight Polypro Turtleneck Mens Tops :confused:

I noticed the same thing. I guess Turtlenecks have gone way out of style, even in Snowsports. People must like freezing their necks all day while on the slopes:rolleyes:

The only thing I found was 100% Cotton Turtlenecks at JCPenney this year. This was after going to 10 different retailers. They had a very limited stock, and yea, cotton isn't the best material, but the way I look at it, it is better than nothing.

Thumbs up for the MEC gear. I have the 1/4 zip version of the midweight, and it's my go-to base layer. Their merino gear is top notch too - fairly lightweight, but warm, amazing pricing and good quality.

I can sympathise with you on the turtleneck thing - they're my fave too, but all they seem to make for girls now is the high neck tops - which drive me mental.

Thanks ALL for the responses, and glad to hear I am NOT the only person in the world that likes to keep their neck warm :biggthump

LLB, EB/FA were Interlock (cotton) others had zippers or were 'mock' turtle (guess that's a half-a-neck?) :(

Anyway if anyone is interested, I found what I wanted @ Peter Glenn. Hot Chilly's Turtleneck Thermal Top (100% Microfiber Polyester) for $19.99 each.

Thanks Again - jp1 (board now in it's daily crazy sloooow mode)

I love my REI half-zip mid/bottom layers. You don't get the double fabric neck of a true turtle-neck. But with the longer zipper it allows for quite a wide range of temperature moderation.

They also come in LONG sizes. Works super sweet for layering if you're even close to slim. And who doesn't want longer sleeves / torso on your winter bottom layers.

Go REI!

I use St Johns Bay Turtle necks. Even since my first day riding.:biggthump

"TURTLENECKS" are required as part of the Uniform for workers in Snowsports @ Jiminy Peak.

Check JCPenny stores. They usualy have a lot this time of year.

also< I found these last season and I love them.

http://www.rei.com/product/769865?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-769865&mr:trackingCode=0B8E4FFE-FB85-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

TURTLEFUR

I always wear a turtleneck, but they are just cotton ones... nothing fancy. I also just about ALWAYS wear my turtle fur neck warmer. I've got a few that I rotate between. I only wish they would label the kids size from the adult size! I just about strangled myself when I put on my daughter's by mistake!