Note to New Members ×

22 kms of bliss

BlueB

We had a perfect summer-end day: nice sunny weather, good company and great ride.

Jairo reminded Roy and me that Vancouver had a hidden gem: 11km of a smooth pawed mountain road, completely closed for cars, with only occasional bicycle or rollerblader passing through. It runs through pristine cedar and hemlock forest, with gentle ups and downs - perfect for cruising and unskilled downhillers. There are not too many exiting corners, but that's ok - a mistake could land you in one of the deep gulleys along the road or into the trees. As the road ends up pretty much nowhere, the only way is to ride all the way back, thus 22 kilometres...

And no, I can not tell where it is. It's a secret that gets passed from the elders of the tribe to the deserving road warriors ;)

Some videos coming soon...

Hey George, note the key word "reminded" at the beggining of my post ;) I lived at that part of the city when I landed in Vancouver, 6 years ago. I discovered the trout in the little lake near by, in my 3rd week in the city, so I knew the road. It just never clicked that I could go ride there until I met Jairo...

How about you come longboard with us sometimes? Bring your daughter too, as Luka goes with us almost all the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6FCvFfgCM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6FCvFfgCM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

love the tandem riding! my kid would def. be a willing accomplice (on his push bike). grade looks about my speed for my oldschool deck. i'm going to wait till next year to see if the skating thing sticks before i buy new gear. i dropped by landyachtz for wheels to replace the 20 yr old 'thane - they've got some sweet hardware. my antique board w/ new rubber (classic 80's graphics):

dogtown.jpg

love the tandem riding! my kid would def. be a willing accomplice (on his push bike). grade looks about my speed for my oldschool deck. i'm going to wait till next year to see if the skating thing sticks before i buy new gear. i dropped by landyachtz for wheels to replace the 20 yr old 'thane - they've got some sweet hardware. my antique board w/ new rubber (classic 80's graphics):

Dropped by today for bushings and for some reason no one was at the shop thn I follow the map on the window where to go...went into their warehouse:eplus2:...NICE STUFF...just like gointo kids playland...:ices_ange

Cheers

Roy

yeah neat shop in a ghetto locale. wasn't sure my car was going to make it down that minefield of a road.

the landy switch looks good. nice & low for easy pushing / footbraking. looks versatile.

how's that rayne (i'm assuming it's a demonseed) working for you? it's a big deck.

My mini monster wil be 3 in a month... We started with skiis last winter. 2 is very young, it's lot of work, but it's a hoot. At the age of 3 your kid shouldl be ready to rock, if he is somewhat athletic. Cypress Kids Camp will have him stoping and turning in no time, then it's all fun with dad!

If you do put him on this winter, we should definitelly hook up for "double trouble" action!

Weather forecast is for cool but dry weather tomorrow. Wanna come ride with the gang?

My mini monster wil be 3 in a month... We started with skiis last winter. 2 is very young, it's lot of work, but it's a hoot. At the age of 3 your kid shouldl be ready to rock, if he is somewhat athletic. Cypress Kids Camp will have him stoping and turning in no time, then it's all fun with dad!

If you do put him on this winter, we should definitelly hook up for "double trouble" action!

Weather forecast is for cool but dry weather tomorrow. Wanna come ride with the gang?

we're not in a huge hurry to get the kid on snow yet (seems allot of work for a short session), though he's keen on the concept & surprisingly adept at pretty much anything he tries athletic. will see how the winter fares.

would like to get out for a dedicated board session at some point, but time is limited, and my primary thing is mountain biking, so that almost always wins when i do get outside. got some streets & alleys with nice gradients in my neighbourhood that i session evenings though. keeps me entertained for now. thanks for the offer; one day the planets may align.