Note to New Members ×

Official Maine Rap

Strider

Saw this on a website this morning and was wondering if Jack thought this was accurate..... Definitely a bit NSFW and probably offensive at parts.

no, actually this one is the official one <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZXnpO8Jew&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZXnpO8Jew&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That Mr. Man video is great, it's funny how little things have changed in Maine, we used to talk about the same things 30 years ago.

I liked the blueberry rake reference, most people have no idea that you rake them. When I was a kid we'd get .07 cents a pound for them, the last year I did it we got a raise, .08 cents.

Wicked pissah. Not sure about some of the dance moves, but I'll give it two thumbs up even though I'm not a native (and therefore by Maine standards my children aren't either even though they were born here). However nothing is "Official Maine..." until Bob Marley or Tim Sample say so. This is more Bob's speed though.

Nice find! :biggthump