Note to New Members ×

Aspen - SkiCo lowers cost, number of season passes

Pat Donnelly

Gotta love it. Instead of buying this year though I'll be boot packing Aspen Highlands. Esentially getting my pass by walking up and down the bowl and other such steep terrain. I can only imagine how much fun that'll be.

Don't know how you'll stand walking DOWN...

After the effort of walking up I'd be all kinds of pissed off if they didn't let me ride down.

Jim, that boot packing for a pass expedition your going to go on with be some of the best preseason conditioning ever. Trail crewed a Copper, on the mountain before anyone else, get to see and go places before the hoards arrive and the occassional powder stash poach. Its a damn good way to get acquainted very quickly with your skis again. Does anybody know when the 7 day pass goes on sale?

Does anybody know when the 7 day pass goes on sale?

It appears as though you can renew online now or in person at designated locations between October 10 and November 15.

SkiCo has done away with the 4-day and 7-day Classic passes and replaced them with a 5-day. The 5-day pass is priced at $249, $8/day more than last year.

However, FIVE day is the only option for $249. I believe additional days can be purchased for $79/day.

http://www.aspensnowmass.com/classicpass/

Pat, this is definitely the deal for us "out of towners". However, flying in just to sign up sort of kills the value. Bummer. :confused:

It is incentives like this that make more likely it would pencil out. :)

I think I will likely continue to stay close to home and lick my wounds. :(

Thanks for passing along the info. I would very much like to come play too :biggthump