Note to New Members ×

Knock offs- Shoes

Chubz

I'm never one for getting excited about shoes. I love work boots, but I was visiting friends this weekend (without the kids) and we were at the mall, had some time to kill so I popped into a shoe store to check out some athletic shoes.

Normally, I get something trail runny thats on sale and those will last me 3-5 years when cycled with other pairs from years b4. I have been working out like a madman lately so I thought I might treat myself. One pair caught my eye and the kid came over to see if I needed help. He fetched a pair and brought them out. Now normally I am price driven but as soon as I put these shoes on it was like heaven. light comforatble, sturdy, etc. He says these just came in yesterday and they are getting great reviews. But at $160.00 I had to walk away.

Doing some research this morning I found a few websites with prices ($62) that I have trouble believing they arent knock offs. Tell me what you think. By the way the shoe is the Nike Air Max 2009 running shoe. I am not normally a Nike supporter but these shoes felt great. I like them for many reasons but they are built more like a trail shoe than normal running shoes, especially the tread. its pretty meaty.

Are these knock offs.

http://www.sneakerfeet.com/mensnikeairmaxmensnikeairmax2009-c-315_316_531.html

I found at least 4 other sites with extreme discounts and the exact pics from site to site.

If anyone knows the true answer please help this new shoe addict out before I spend $$ on shoes that will feel like wooden clogs.

Greg

Seconds are usually products that don`t pass final inspection. They may be slightly imperfect, have mismatched colours, they don`t hang properly ( I had a pair of jeans that was always twisting at the waist, it was misaligned when sewn) stuff like that. Usually they are mechanically fine, just not perfect.

Seconds are usually products that don`t pass final inspection. They may be slightly imperfect, have mismatched colours, they don`t hang properly ( I had a pair of jeans that was always twisting at the waist, it was misaligned when sewn) stuff like that. Usually they are mechanically fine, just not perfect.

yup, I've bought shoes that were seconds and it was a color issue the the left one was noticably lighter than the other.

try sierra trading post, you often get seconds there but they are great about returns.