Note to New Members ×

umm everything is breaking!!!!! advice?

biggerwrangler

specs 175 prior non medal wcr td2 stepins, heads with bts 60 days riding

demo is kesslar 185 with vist my wieght 160, 5.6 aggressive rider.

I am having gear failures and wondering if I am doing something wrong

first things first most of my failures or in heavy snow / spring conditions

wierd tail issue bottom part of the tail peels up, get that pressed and glued end of day.

second the small pin of my fin heels vanishs end of one day upgrade heel on td2s to td3 receiver.. nice, get that fixed today and then

today rear heel fails this time a internal cam broke.

thank god bola was at the basin and could help me get out with out me having to take my boot off and walk in the snow/slush/mud. He even bought my lunch and a beer. Very cool.

note snow is still deep and not hitting ground or rocks

so here is my questions.

1. is anybody else having problems with late season failures?

2. does slush/spring conditions put more stress on the gear, yeah is fun to turn in and makes things easy, but I am damaging gear? water a issue for this type of gear?

3. got a demo kesslar with vist plates, should i go to the local store pick up some new heels replace my fins and ride the demo, or take the demo back,

the goal behind this was to see how vist plates ride on hard/broilerplate ice, the snow softens up by 1:00, I would like to ride sunday as well.

note intecs are 110 and fin are 140 but bomber takes time to get parts and is on late season hours, but under warranty. all board sports is open at 10. doesn't have parts for fin heels

post-3719-141842281907_thumb.jpg

That plastic can only brake when there is too much stress on it, so just always push your heel down before you pull the cable otherwise you will damage/brake things. I never broke a cable, never broke a board. Be careful when you ride in spring/slushy conditions. You can't push things too tough/hard in these conditions, the forces are very big in this heavy snow.

In '08 I had trouble with the cam flexing/bending inside my intec heels (well used) preventing release. This resulted in pulling too hard and breaking the cable. A must to step down to pull the cable before stepping out to prevent binding the pins.

Made the suggestion then to make a replacement cam out of alloy. Sold them off after that and went back to the simpler all metal nitro stepins.

I was suprised when the Fintec heel came out that Fin opted for the plastic acctuation cam.

Forcing the board thru heavy snow will deffinately increase the forces on the board as well as the boot/binding interface.