Note to New Members ×

Carving specific pants.

carvedog

I do: snowboarding. drinking. developing strange plans.

Check. Good. Check.

we: me and a couple of friends from the Frozen Backside. No stealing intended. Willling to share the results and everything else with everybody who wants to solve the problem, e.g. you.

Any help appreciated.

FB=German Bomber ? You can't steal something I haven't done.

Just looking for ideas and inspiration. In a way I would prefer not to have to do this myself, but there are certain features that I want and cannot find. So....yeah let's share and collaborate.

Frank Zappa: best musician in history.

I won't hold this against you. I like some Zappa for sure, but.....before I say something dumb I should go listen some more.

Inquiring minds satisfied?

Yes. :biggthump

carvedog

I've gotten two seasons out of the schoeller gloves you mentioned here on bomber so I immediatly thought of that material applied onto or made into the wear spots of pants, but friction would be a problem, I like the way arcteryx pants have a really high thread count and a smooth surface, with a 34 waist and a 30" inseam I wear xlarge (padded shorts underneath)and they barely stay overlapped on my boots when I get small, they breath are waterproof and have lasted three seasons so far

hmmm apply some plastic dip onto em

plas.jpg

red yellow black blue clear white

jmho

I've got these gloves

http://www.thundercloudmarketing.com/FreePage22.htm

and they have some kind of freakishly durable fabric on the palms and fingers, might be worth checking out. The thread holding these panels in place area a different story...but the fabric itself, I think you could go knife fighting with this stuff and be OK.

Great idea for the pants, my hip panel is getting mighty thin!

I've got a pair of those in the full gauntlet version. They are awesome! Got them a touch large and throw a set of liners in when the temps get really chilly. They hold up really well. I recieved them in January and they don't even look used at the end of the season.

Ok back to trying not to jack this thread.:D

+1 on the Plati Dip (or tool dip). Got that tip from Geoff, and it's been one of the best repair solutions for gloves, pants, and jackets. I highly recommend it! Too bad it doesn't come in a variety of colors. Also, if you treat your gloves before any use, you will keep them together much longer.

Carvedog, I can honestly say that I would give you a deposit right now for these miracle pants!! I've gone through 3 pairs of Cloudveil pants in the past 4 years...its getting expensive!

Steph - I hear you. The pants I got this year are/were very waterproof. I like having a dry butt, but those wear spots have me worried. Don't know if it will ever be viable but I am going to keep working on it.

Snowraiders - I thought these were Schoeller because of the tag. I got very good service out of mine. The fabric is the most indestructible I have seen.

The stitches on the wrist gave out this season.

Some voiced concern about friction from this material. I would think the friction coefficient between the various materials would be small to almost negligible in that we are not trying to gain traction but just get a smooth feel. Any thoughts about this from the engineer types would be appreciated.

I do appreciate the input.

mmmmmmm, Snow Raider Snowboard Gloves, they were gone within three days. Stitches as well as the fabric hold for three days and got holes in them too.

Once again I realize I am truly an amateur at this. I can't even destroy these gloves given three months... I need a board with a larger SCR so I can lay it out longer. :rolleyes:

trying to get back to the original topic...sorta.

My dad has some padded underpants. They look like you made undies with foam. he says they work well if your sitting on the chair a lot, or i guess if you're laying down turns and hitting your hips on the snow.

he says they work well if your sitting on the chair a lot, or i......

Julian is that a euphemism for butt on snow?? Or do you still have some of those old and slow chairs, cuz up here with all the quads I barely have time scroll through the iPod, blow my nose and dry my hands out a bit. I am one of those guys who always rides the chair gloves off for some reason. Just to air out.

Julian is that a euphemism for butt on snow?? Or do you still have some of those old and slow chairs, cuz up here with all the quads I barely have time scroll through the iPod, blow my nose and dry my hands out a bit. I am one of those guys who always rides the chair gloves off for some reason. Just to air out.

sadly no, our carving chair isnt an express. and dad doesn't have an iPod he listens to on the slopes.

And I feel you on the gloves thing, i sometimes do that to.

Maybe you could just loop Challenger so you get a full 10 minutes ;)

I bought some Mechanix cold weather work gloves for next season since I wore through the epidermis and dermis, and now I'm working on the subcutaneous tissues on my Kombis. It's funny I'm able to do that considering how much I suck. It's all that falling.

Maybe I need some overalls with "Mike" or "Joe" embroidered in the front??

I've been looking to break into the snowboard clothing market for a few years, and this past season after seeing the complete JUNK and horrible color schemes that came out, I debated going seriously into this exact thing.

My Company is "SoggyBottomBoyz" (or S-B-B-Z for short). Kinda sounds like my company/nick name of ESPI if you say it fast so it made perfect sense since we spent most of our time (as snowboarders) sitting on our duff.

Saddly it wil cost a small fortune to do it right, and I have no means of financing a half million dollar venture LOL.

I've got a few designs and ideas also, Perhaps we all could compile our info and make a "bomber-line" or something.:biggthump

Oh, and Carvedog, there are some chairs tht are a 20 minute ride aroun my neck of the woods, and a few of them are down right miserable if the wind is whipping and howling (GORE MOUNTAIN DOUBLE CHAIR ! for example)