Note to New Members ×

Photos from USASA Nationals GS

Donek

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work as usual Sean.

I'll post these questions here as they have to do with racing:

What is with the Burton speed suit? Does Burton still sponsor racers?

And what is that board with the trippy orange and black wood-grain base? Reminds me of my PJ7. The shape looks old school, yes? I didn't realize you were allowed to race without a Kessler/SG/BP. ;)

I'll post these questions here as they have to do with racing:

And what is that board with the trippy orange and black wood-grain base? Reminds me of my PJ7. The shape looks old school, yes? I didn't realize you were allowed to race without a Kessler/SG/BP. ;)

Nidecker, there was one with that base on the classifieds recently.

Isn't that an old Burton logo? Same font as my 96ish Boilers have.

The Burton speed suit was Ben Fairchild's really old speed suit that was given/sold/inherited by Trappy. He needed a new speed suit at the beginning of the year and ben had one

The old Nidecker was ridden by Roger Carver, an SBX racer (3rd this year at Jr. Worlds) who decided to bust out his old hard boot gear. The last time he rode hard boots before this event was two seasons ago. He ended up 4th, and made the full time racers very nervous.

The old Nidecker was ridden by Roger Carver, an SBX racer (3rd this year at Jr. Worlds) who decided to bust out his old hard boot gear. The last time he rode hard boots before this event was two seasons ago. He ended up 4th, and made the full time racers very nervous.

Garret, and Trappy had to work against Carver. Fun to Watch. Old school Vs New school.

Great racing by everyone that week. Here is a picture of our Buddy Neil Sunday winning the USASA MEN'S MASTER SLALOM GOLD. Nice going Neil!

Bomber Bindings had a great presence on the podium that week as well. I think we had winners in at least 2 of the 3 podium positions for most the open classes. Of course they where on the super top secret, double X, team-race version of the TD3 :eplus2:

post-1-14184228098_thumb.jpg

When you mention Garrett, Trappy and Carver... and then new school v. old school!

Trappy an OG?

hahahahah.

It was great to watch though.

Neil,

Post #5 is what bordy is talking about. Roger Carver was riding a nidecker (oldschool) while the rest were on new school boards, Kessler/SG.

Hope that helps

Ink

Ink

Thanks INK,

that flew right over my damn head!

true- very true...

roger threw it down even riding the old goat!

he'd be superDANGEROUS on a true raceboard!

Roger was always a threat. He must have been 10-12ish when I met him. He was training with Mort at the time. Strong rider.

Ink