Note to New Members ×

TD1 bumber problem

crazyTKDsquirrel

bumper.

you've got the wrong size, and you're mounting them wrong. they mount to the binding, not the board.

Don't worry Jack, the bumper is just sitting on the board :lol:. It's one I got from fellow member, but, as you said, it's not the right size. I have a thicker one, but that one doesn't fit either.

Why should I delete this thread? :confused:

Those td1's are great insert pullers I hear. :eek: Especially if you don't use the proper bumpers!

Does it make a difference that I'm just a beginner? :smashfrea

I'm not sure I can stress it enough at this point for a delam. I may be wrong though. :freak3: I may just slap my race plates until I can get some replacements. :(

ha, well that's a relief. it looks like it's mounted to a board insert. don't worry about pulling inserts. i never pulled any out of numerous Burtons, a Prior and a Donek with TD1s. the bumpers are supposed to have a little "preload", so it might not seem like the larger ones fit. however they don't work with all stance angles. there should be a couple different mounting positions for the bumpers, try them both.

ha, well that's a relief. it looks like it's mounted to a board insert. don't worry about pulling inserts. i never pulled any out of numerous Burtons, a Prior and a Donek with TD1s. the bumpers are supposed to have a little "preload", so it might not seem like the larger ones fit. however they don't work with all stance angles. there should be a couple different mounting positions for the bumpers, try them both.

Yup...tried both positions with the thick one. Still no contact. Although it's a relief to see that an aggressive carver such as yourself has never had a problem with them. I'm only about 145lbs and just starting, so I don't think I'll put the board under toooo much stress. I'm still gonna get those TD2s though :)

Thanks, Jack.

Front binding with a 3* cant

toe:

163.jpg

heel:

164.jpg

Rear binding with a 6* cant

toe:

165.jpg

Front binding:

167-1.jpg

Rear binding:

168.jpg

As you can see, I have what seems to be a 6 degree bumper on the front binding and it's barely thick enough. As I said before, I already tired both positions with the 6* bumper on the rear binding with no luck. Does Bomber sell an extra long screw so I can stack some washers to gain a little length? Or am I stuck :confused:

:freak3:

Those td1's are great insert pullers I hear. :eek: Especially if you don't use the proper bumpers!

I lost a bumper a few years back and I never had a problem, though I did finally find get a replacement. I'm 6'3" and 220lbs, but I really haven't spent a ton of time on my board. I probably only rode it 4-5 times this years.

I guess the point is that it might not rip the inserts out. Of course the other side of that coin says that it might.

Great answer eh? :)

space it with a stack of washers between the binding and bumper maybe?

Fender washers are what was recommended for preload tuning.

I still have 3 pairs of TD1's in use, 1 pair being from the first season Fin was schleping them out of the back of his truck at ABasin, with the small 3 1/2" disk. Learn to ride smoothly and you won't have a problem. I have a set of TD1's on a Rossi Dual Tec and haven't had any problems and I weigh 180.

Ink