Note to New Members ×

If you were in my boots...

Titan

What new board would you recommend?After 3 long,shameful seasons off the slopes,I spent this winter getting re-aquainted with my 5 year old Renntiger 168.Point is...I've got the fever again and the only cure is....More alpine gear!Prior to running the Volkl,I spent years on various Rossi VAS World Cups,and an Aggression 175 Stealth asym.I like the tiger, yet the Rossi's were more fun and forgiving...Although one is now in two separate pieces.I'm 6'3 and 220lbs...I ride as aggressively as my legs and snow conditions let me....I'm curious as to wether an alpine(non-race) or rec-race board will hold up under me yet allow me to play around the entire mountain(or hill in my case.)The F2 Silberpfeil looks interesting....I'm open to all opinions and real-world experiences.Thanx.

to go everywhere on plates I prefer a coiler AM or stubby, both rock.

to go everywhere on softies I ride a rad air tanker wide 177 or 187 depending on how deep it is.

the softboots offer a huge advantage in the trees and and deep but lack on cord still can rip some mean carves on cord though.

I generally prefer plates for every day riding though.

I'm a big boy too 6 foot and 260

Thanks guys...excuse my ignorance..but what's the big advantage with the "metals"?Torsional stiffness,edge hold,stability,damping?I've never really cared as to how my boards were constructed-as long as they worked for me.However, I'm paying attention if you tell me that certain build-materials offer specific advantages.

What new board would you recommend?After 3 long,shameful seasons off the slopes,I spent this winter getting re-aquainted with my 5 year old Renntiger 168.Point is...I've got the fever again and the only cure is....More alpine gear!Prior to running the Volkl,I spent years on various Rossi VAS World Cups,and an Aggression 175 Stealth asym.I like the tiger, yet the Rossi's were more fun and forgiving...Although one is now in two separate pieces.I'm 6'3 and 220lbs...I ride as aggressively as my legs and snow conditions let me....I'm curious as to wether an alpine(non-race) or rec-race board will hold up under me yet allow me to play around the entire mountain(or hill in my case.)The F2 Silberpfeil looks interesting....I'm open to all opinions and real-world experiences.Thanx.

Look around for a used Volkl 178 - at your size which is very similar to me .. the 178 is a fun loving ride at less $$ than a new metal. ride a bunch of them and then decide to invest in Big Bucks.