Note to New Members ×

BlueB banned from CASI

Rob Stevens

We had to do it.

In the spirit of full disclosure, we felt that the full story had to be told here.

With what can only be described as militancy run amok, Boris had taken it upon himself to rather forcefully "reeducate" soft boot riders at his local mountain. These riders were "swarmed" by Boris and his alpine "henchmen", spirited away to a remote hardboot "retraining" centre where they were exposed to all manner of unsavoury "Abu Graihb" style "broomstick" methodology.

This ban is in place until Boris agrees to ride duck.

Ouch, my evil plans to take over CASI have been discovered!

Now I understand why they won't let me do the Level 2 starting tomorrow :(

What a pithy, as I was planning to show up with hard boots set up duck...

Pleeeeeze, if you do go, show up set up like that. 45 degrees forward and negative. When the evaluator freaks, show him the screen print of this page.

If you can't go, why? (other than that I have banned you?)

I guess I am one of the henchmen,, LOL

Boris is to sophisticated for lowbrow "broomstick" techniques, he uses mind altering psychotropics with brainwashing KGB style, followed by a strict regime of humiliation techniques on the soft booter minions until they comply and are assimilated....Resistance is futile

Boris its time for intecs with a camoflage outer soft boot on top of your HBs with some intec setp ins hiding underneath.

Maybe a velcro strip along the back so that after you pass you can rip the softie shell off your HBs stripper style ( is there a brass pole in the new pub up there?) in front of your evaluator, I would pay money to see that.

Good luck Buddy

Dave**

If you can't go, why? (other than that I have banned you?)

Joke asside, I screwed up the registration. Not totally my fault, but I should have known better... When I started inquiring about it, about 2 months ago, one of the 2 local evaluator girls told me that it might not take the place for the lack of interest. I left the registration for couple of days prior to deadline, just to find out it was full already. Even a very sweet letter I sent to our CEO and numerous calls to the head office girls didn't help.

So, I fully deserve to be called a FOOL, April 01 or not.

Anyways, I decided to show up and see if someone couldn't make it, to take his slot...

She (or her counterpart) will probably fail me even if I managed to get in, but as we know, I'm stubborn...

I'll bring the "ducky" plate board for a photoshoot, and another one with 45/30 to really do the course.

I'll send you another note off-line, with some other issue I don't want to post here.

Anyways, I decided to show up and see if someone couldn't make it, to take his slot...

She (or her counterpart) will probably fail me even if I managed to get in, but as we know, I'm stubborn...

I'll bring the "ducky" plate board for a photoshoot, and another one with 45/30 to really do the course.

I'll send you another note off-line, with some other issue I don't want to post here.

I saw him before lunch on eagle chair...:biggthump he wasn't riding with me...meaning he's in...Officially:rolleyes:?

Cheers

Roy

Not on "ducky" setup, but on a 23 waisted BX board with plates set 45/35.

Adam put us through paces this morning.

First run switch down a black diamond (Rainbow) all chewed up with heavy snow. Then fast spinning same run. Then Upper Bowen moguls. On the other side, Trumpeteer, moguls, pow, chop, then Horseman (double black), moguls and pow. "Accidentally" we ended up in the superpipe. I bit a bullet and dropped in... and had a blast! I could actually carve right up to the edge of the pipe. Didn't have balls to let it all out and jump above, but I'm looking forward to another oportunity.

All the practice of switch this year, and moguls since last year paid off big time today. Ok, switch down the black wasnt pretty, but I survived. Killed all the rest.

In the afternoon we went to more "by the book" teacking. We did few interesting exercises. My favorite was "Top Gun" or "Follow the Leader" chase combined with snowball shootout. Shot down my leader within 10sec, and then gave him kiss-good-buy when we switched the rolls.

Having a total blast!

I better study the course guide and DVD now...

Teaching: Pass :D

Riding: Fail :(

I'm allowed to take a one day riding retest.

I seemed to be the least surprised person to learn about my failure. Still a bit surprised, though...

I'm very tired now, I might give more fun details tomorrow...

Slide-turn riding in steep bumps below requirment, according to my evaluator. To stiff, too tall and insuficient pre-rotation.

I could tell a long sob story and my viewpoint, but I won't do that online. I respect the decission, even if I dissagree with it...

Since Saturday I had quite few things, of much higher importance, go wrong, so I'm a bit too stressed right now.

Irespective of the results, this course was one of the best things I did for my riding this season.

I've learned a lot of stuff about my hardboot riding and myself:

- I can ride (freeride, that is) a lot harder then I thought, switch down a black, etc...

- I still lack fluidity in the steep bumps

- I can ride superpipe!?!

- I enjoyed shorter, turny, wider board. Could it be that a good BXer is all I need?

- Carving can be mixed up with other fun stuff, in the same run.

I've signed up for the riding re-test, end of April at Blackcomb...

I've learned a lot of stuff about my hardboot riding and myself:

Uh, I forgot a really nasty one, it came as a shocker:

I suffer from semi-serious vertigo, triggered by thick fog on steep stuff :(

Never had this on the days with reasonable visibility... Huh?