Note to New Members ×

WA Carvers Unite!!

northcoast

More alpine presence is needed. When discussing the idea of adding a snowboard group to the race program (ages 7-13) the biggest issue was interest. Appearantly the concensus is that there is only 2 hardbooters in all of Washington. Instead of starting an entirely new division they would rather try a one or two day race camp for all ages either President's Day weekend or in the spring. Any opinions?

________

Bmw n63 history

Hey Jon..

I'm really sorry I missed you that day. There were circumstances beyond my control. I know there are quite a few alpine guys around, I was just relating what was told to me. I've heard about the program at Mission and wish we had one here. BTW I was at Ski Bonkers and they have Drake kids plate bindings for $10. I'm going back in the morning to pick up a few pairs, anybody want me to grab them a pair?

________

Brunette british

Guest thomas_m

I'm just getting started boarding and alpine, very much a beginner. First day was Feb 2nd last season and ended up with almost 30 bythe time we hit Mt Hood for NWES. The last day of the season with the other alpine boarders was fantastic.

I'll be at Snoq-Summit a couple evenings each week and Snoq/Crystal/Stevens every weekend. I'll be damned if I don't get 50+ days this year. No interest in racing or freestyle, just carving and freeriding.

Thomas

Hey Jim, I would appreciate if you would pick mine up from Kevin.

They are paid for. Thanks Kevin for scoring the bindings. Enjoy Bryan

JIM -Only my Great Grandfather got away with calling me Byran. :)

Kevin, depending on how many you scored. If you need to use some of the ones I bought to make sure Jim gets some? That is fine with me. He has a youngin we need to get "Slidin" too.

Time to start the "Mini Bomber" gallery (large grin)

Would it not be rippin to have a number of Pacific Northwest Expression Sessions spaced out over the winter? Sign me up.

Originally posted by northcoast

I am trying to get a list together of hard booters in Washington who would be interested in getting together and riding this winter. Please send me an email or post here.

Thanks,

As many of you probably know, I've been banging that carving drum in the PNW for quite a few years now through our camps with Snowperformance (had 20 alpine riders in T-Line this summer) as well as hooking up locally for fun days.

I again will have a nice selection of Donek carver demos (have around six at any given time) as well as Bombers and Raichle boots, so hopefully we can do a few more local sessions as well as drum up more business for the 3 and 4 day alpine camps.

BTW we do have more than 2 alpine types around the neighborhood. At last count I had an email list of over 100 contacts, many of which live between PDX and Seattle.

-Sean:)

Art... that's pretty much what I was thinking although it depends on my work schedule since I teach on the weekends.

Anyone interested in doing a City League team? We would need at least 6 people with up to 6 alternates. Races are Friday nights 7:30 - 9:30 Price: $550 per team

Jim and Bryan...I got the bindings but forgot one thing; sales tax.

________

30 Rock Advice

Guest NOOOSHBOMB

Hey guys, curious if anyone is racing FIS/World Cup? I train out of Squaw Valley but was thinking about relocating to Crystal. Not sure what the scene is like up there though. Doesn't seem to be much for race programs or training? Would like to hook up with a good program or with some serious riders to set gates and train this winter.

jvb

Originally posted by dhrracer

This for Mainly Art and Sean.Since the two of you post hear the most try putting something together for everybody to meet at the Snow Show the head across the street for some beer.This is Duane from Crystal

Hmmm.... Beer is good. Carving is good. Ergo, we should do this.

Last year they threw me behind the counter for a couple of hours to bag the merchandise, but this year I'm working at the FD on the 12th (the dates ore 11-12'13'14) so it would have to be on Saturday for me. I might try to pawn off some old burton step-ins and a soft set up. meet and a beverage sound good. all in favor?:)