Note to New Members ×

Shred Gruumer in CO March 27-30

Thor VonRippington

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most variable conditions I've seen on Beaver Creek today - some really hard nasty stuff to slushy piles psuhed around by weekend warriors. Found good soft snow to carv though here and there. Upper Centennial was harder than I've ever seen in 9 yrs of riding The Beav. I got tossed around a lot on my 184 Rossi WC - wish I had a new metal shape w/ a rockered nose today.

The storm is moving in quick! Should be good carving again by next weekend after they've had a chacne to buff out the new snow.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/81657?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

btw - I can offer my place for anyone to crash. I've got a big house w/ lots of space - I've only got 1 spare bed, an Air-Bed, and a couch. Plenty of floor space and bathrooms. I'm down-valley in Gypsum - about 25 minutes to BC and 35 minutes to Vail. Any and all are welcome! If ya'll want to head up Friday night we can have a big dinner before ripping up the Beav on Saturday (if that's still the sched). I can also get (slightly) discounted lift tickets through my pass. mpp

970-390-4931

michael@mppdesignshop.com

Beaver Creek has had 18" in the past 3 days (Vail's had 23").

http://beavercreek.snow.com/mtn.report.asp?theme=winter

More snow is on the way - winter weather advisory & warning -

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/81657?phenomena=WW&significance=Y&areaid=COZ010&office=KGJT&etn=0020

advisory - til 6 am thursday

warning - til 6 am Friday

Saturday is shaping up to be pretty good. Depending on how much snow we continue to get, Sunday sould be better after they've had another day of grooming.

I'm in for Beav and Lovey. Would be in for A Basin, but it looks like I'll actually be working 40 this week and next week to hit some deadlines. Figures, when I want the days off I don't get them.................

Another 9" expected in Breck between today and tonight. Winter has returned!! :D

I have some coupons for $45 tickets at A Basin, although of course A Basin is the cheapest one of the four....

Those of us with Colorado Passes can get you a discount at the Beav, like MPP said...should be fairly decent since we're getting into late season. I'll ask around to see if we can pick you up a ticket from someone leftover 4-pack to Loveland. I only have one left for me, unfortunately.

This place makes Stratton look like Wal Mart :p

At least you get way more for your money here then there though (depending on who you ask ;))

Im feeling the luv!! ahhah..

Much appreciated... and it looks like by the time I get to you guys I'll be down to one Board...if a Boot deal can go down for a trade when I get there..

Im in bad shape with boots... they just ain't cuttin it any more.. no matter how many liners and beds i use... gonna try going from Raichles to UPZ-RC10. will see though..

I'll only have that crappy X2 with me... you know how schittty that board is..don't order one...:ices_ange

Thanks said Shred

Im feeling the luv!! ahhah..

Much appreciated... and it looks like by the time I get to you guys I'll be down to one Board...if a Boot deal can go down for a trade when I get there..

Im in bad shape with boots... they just ain't cuttin it any more.. no matter how many liners and beds i use... gonna try going from Raichles to UPZ-RC10. will see though..

I'll only have that crappy X2 with me... you know how schittty that board is..don't order one...:ices_ange

Thanks said Shred

Don't forget we have All Boards Sports and Bomber here for boots. If you get some in Boulder at ABS we may be able to get them fitted by Larry.

We just hosted mtnbumvbc at lovey and he was rocking the X2. Bright orange no less. All the hunters riding in camo stayed clear of hitting him during the spring break maddness.

Welcome.

Ink

Denver blizzard warning - http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USCO0105?phenomena=BZ&significance=W&areaid=COZ040&office=KBOU&etn=0001

I hope you get in OK Shred - they may close the airport.

You may want to find yourself a pair of big fat rockered skis and park yourself in the back bowls for a couple days!

BC - another 11" - 29" in 4 days

Vail - another 12" - 35" in 4 days

That was all f/ about 7:00 PM last night to 5:30 AM today.

and it's still snowing. hard.

Saturday is supposed to be partly cloudy.

It's suppoed to snow for the next week!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/81657?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Keep us posted on your travels.

Just let me know who and when anyone wants to crash - all are welcome any time! mpp

TVR is having computer issues, so as a public service I am letting everyone know what the plan is at this point in time. Right now they are heading to The Park, Sunday @ lovey, Sat and monday may flip due to all of the snow. Anyone with Beav info, ie; groom firmness ect.... give Stanley a call and let him know what the haps are

mario

Kress and I rode pow w/ Austin today @ the Beav - another 6" this morning - 35" total this week. They've already groomed lots of runs, and the grooming machines have been out in full force all day and several runs were already looking GORGEOUS!!! Quite a sight to see 8-9 rigs lined up laying down fresh carpet @ noon. :lol::lol::lol:

We mostly rode trees and out of bounds stuff, but took one run down Centennial on my way out. There's a lot of snow and it was really cold this morning. But now the sun's out and the snow is setting up - tomorrow is going to be epic carving conditions - the sun from today should settle everything down and firm it all up.

Stick to the original plan - Saturday @ the Beav!!! We'll get in touch w/ TVR later today.

Let me know if anyone wants to crash here and I'll email directions. mpp