Note to New Members ×

Mammoth/June March 7-8

Loc

I believe my friends want to try out June and see how much it really 'sux.' I really, really love Gunsmoke. It's where I had my 2nd eureka carving moment with angulation and left trenches worth a damn (and a few pics). I figure if I keep going back to Gunsmoke I'll have more eureka moments and come back to Snow Summit a changed man :eplus2:

I'm anxious to try out my new Madd 170 and being only 155lbs it might work in pow. Dunno if I want to change things up though! The trusty ATV was tearing up 30" of packed powder 2 weeks ago, probably my best day ever.

If you do hit up June I'll be there on Sunday. If not, well, more room on the runs for me hehehe.

Gunsmoke is THE run for carving technique. There is a reason that you will find almost all carvers there at some point during the day. It has such a great pitch and width for focusing on angulation and form.

I will try to be there on Sunday, however we will all definitely be there on the 21st for SNES! :)

I will be there from the 7th to the 11th !!

It's been 2 years since I last rode a board and need some help !

Are there any good samaritan who can help me with the board setting and my carving techniques ??

I can offer some Rum in return...

Didier

Hey Frenchy, you ever go up to Summit?

Arclite,

I was going to Summit 2 years ago, but this year has been really tight on money. Mammoth is more a splurge of the moment.

I did see your thread on Summit, and wish I was there.

Also, I'm looking into maybe take a class on saturday afternoon if there is a good instructor in Mammoth (not too expensive, but I have no clue what are the rates nowadays)

Blue sky,

Didier

Hero snow everywhere! I can't believe they closed off Gunsmoke. Some ski racers were practicing :angryfire

I ran into another hardbooter on an old Rossi. He lives near Crowley Lake and has never heard of BOL. I gave away my first BOL business card! Hopefully Thomas joins the forum. I told him about SNES too. I did one run on Silverado with Thomas and we spotted another carver. I'm not sure who it was but I yelled out "nice turns!" from the lift. If I remember correctly, the board had a red topsheet.

It was open on Saturday. Everything was beyond awesome this weekend, and I had a chance to fully figure out my Tinkler. I can understand why this becomes the board of choice for many, its like cheating!!! :).

The guy on the red board might have have been Frank? I think I saw him on Saturday for a minute.

Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up Loc. Conditions were beyond perfect the whole time. So much sun and perfect snow!!

Neil,

Yeh that was me I rode Mammoth in the morning and june in the after noon.

Wow killer snow my son rode deer bowl and I got some runs on gunsmoke and bodie.I saw someone on a tinkler Neil what else do you have hiding in the closet? Looks like a sweet board.Today the top was all closed the wind was insane did one run a came home but had two awesome days of carving with my son.