Note to New Members ×

Tinkler TNTs In Action

www.oldsnowboards.com

Bryan,

WOW, Wooo-hoooo, WOW! I'll take ten of what you're having, buddy. That's an amazing amount of information in those photos. To see the feedback from the tips and tails is amazing. As someone who doesn't have access to this technology, yet, how do these boards ride? Soft in the nose? Stiff in the nose? Can you give us a review of the board you rode?

Have a great season up there!

Mark

Nekdut: Thanks for the info. All I know is that what I'm seeing in the photos tells me that Mr. Tinkler is on to something that will/might/could/should develop into something big for the hardbooting world. I could be wrong and have been many times but, I applaud Bryan and his buds for showing us what the future might hold. Plus, the boards look so damned cool. Anyone, even outside of snowboarding, would look at these boards and have a positive reaction to them. Boss, simply boss.

Mark

Nekdut: Thanks for the info. All I know is that what I'm seeing in the photos tells me that Mr. Tinkler is on to something that will/might/could/should develop into something big for the hardbooting world. I could be wrong and have been many times but, I applaud Bryan and his buds for showing us what the future might hold. Plus, the boards look so damned cool. Anyone, even outside of snowboarding, would look at these boards and have a positive reaction to them. Boss, simply boss.

Mark

The sticks make it possible to customize stiffness, but the real benefit is the plate itself. It centralizes flex for a totally different feel.

Tinklers are cool..but I worry about localized stress if you stuffed one half of the nose in soft stuff. Seems like some of the splits go all the way, but the closeup of the logo shows one where it definitely stops prior to the plate. Have any Tinklers broken only one nose half off?

Bryan,

WOW, Wooo-hoooo, WOW! I'll take ten of what you're having, buddy. That's an amazing amount of information in those photos. To see the feedback from the tips and tails is amazing. As someone who doesn't have access to this technology, yet, how do these boards ride? Soft in the nose? Stiff in the nose? Can you give us a review of the board you rode?

Have a great season up there!

Mark

Hi Mark, well said!! In fact the board feel is very intuitive. It almost feels like it is anticipating. I will need to finish my first coffee and get the brain working before I try to give a review. :)

"Grays on Trays" , Funny, that is exactly what someone standing nearby called us when the group photo was taken.:biggthump

The sticks make it possible to customize stiffness, but the real benefit is the plate itself. It centralizes flex for a totally different feel.

Again, right on the money!! My favorite Tinkler set up envolves the floating plate. It, now combined with the spit tip and tail and snow stix creates a super damp, even flexing yet adjustable, tuneable board.

Hey Bryan,

Looks like the surgeons did good work. Good shots.

Hi Kimo. Yes, I think the Surgeons in the Aspen Valley hospital are very accomplished. My Surgeon here in Vancouver said "They did a clean and miniumum impact job, in fact the incisions are smaller than what I make doing the same proceedure".

This was the best day I have had so far on groomers this season. Conditions were very good and I was riding with some of my favorite Snow-Bros.

I was pretty sore none the less, but SO happy I didn't care. I know you know what I am talking about. Thanks again for all your support!!

Your friend, Bryan

Note: Michael H. somehow makes us look better than we are :)

Tinklers are cool..but I worry about localized stress if you stuffed one half of the nose in soft stuff. Seems like some of the splits go all the way, but the closeup of the logo shows one where it definitely stops prior to the plate. Have any Tinklers broken only one nose half off?

I wondered too!! Time will tell, however, at this time, there are a dozen , maybe more TNT models being ridden and I have not heard of any broken ones. We all recognize that anything can be broken. Mike's uses construction techniques to minimize this likelyhood.

The board with the logo is un-ridden, it was just finished up last week and I am anxious to give it a ride. It is an experiment with a wider TNT without a plate but using Snow-Stix. I hope to give it a go at OES.

My thinking is this model would be great for either a heavier/ larger soft boot rider or a medium/ larger hardboot rider than likes a wide waist and or soft snow conditions. A "Tweener" board if you will. The spit is not as deep as some of the plate models.

This wider board also features the recent version of the "Snow-Stix" that we hope to offer retail soon. Currently only available on a custom board build. Snow Stix have not been available retail for a number of years. Tinkler is at the tail end of a small production run. Details to come soon.

Bryan.

In the four board photo, the board Mike T. is riding is the far right, built for Anton P. The board , second from left is the one I am riding, built for Aris. The first board from left was my second custom build, very similar in shape to the Identity 185cm "Carbon Race" that John M built and I so loved. Third from the left has not been ridden, 23cm waist, 11-13 SCR. 180cm I believe.

post-198-141842276315_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276317_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276318_thumb.jpg

:biggthump

The definition of "Full System" keeps expanding doesn't it? Mike Tinkler and Jim McG were the first hardbooters Buell and I ever saw in person, and the pictures make it easy to remember how we got hooked!

Can't wait to see the new toys at OES.

:biggthump

The definition of "Full System" keeps expanding doesn't it? Mike Tinkler and Jim McG were the first hardbooters Buell and I ever saw in person, and the pictures make it easy to remember how we got hooked!

Can't wait to see the new toys at OES.

Yes indeed!! I love to look back at the progression. The "Ys" in the road, chance meetings and Mike's Kiwi Clever mind in action :eplus2::eek:

I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!!

I didn't know that!! Cool. :biggthump Which did you see ride first? Tinkler or Jim?

"Buell Rebecca" Trivia players want to know!! ;)

Packing my bags!!

Which did you see ride first? Tinkler or Jim?

Who knows. They were tearing down the lift line of the Hood River Express on our first day at Meadows. Everything was ice except the snow on that lower lift had softened a bit.

Later in the day, after Mike Tinkler had left ("he was just testing a new board"), I managed to get on the chair with Jim and he let me tag along for a run. I wasn't any good at the time and, in hindsight, was surely considered a scary nuisance. We had carving gear in our hands within a month. :biggthump

Who knows. They were tearing down the lift line of the Hood River Express on our first day at Meadows. Everything was ice except the snow on that lower lift had softened a bit.

Later in the day, after Mike Tinkler had left ("he was just testing a new board"), I managed to get on the chair with Jim and he let me tag along for a run. I wasn't any good at the time and, in hindsight, was surely considered a scary nuisance. We had carving gear in our hands within a month. :biggthump

Nice story! Great "Carving Testimony". Jim is so easy going, I am sure he enjoyed the company.

Hi Bryan,

Those are super nice shots. Good to hear you can ride those nice Tinklers after the healing. Those well prepared groomers looks awesome to ride too.

Thanks Hans, we have not had all that many great groomer days this year, but that was a really super nice day all the way around.

Seems like all too many flat light days this season.

Thanks again, it is good to be riding again!!

Bryan

I was riding on grains of sugar on top of a sheet of yellow ice. Gonna need to wax again after 1 day...

Yellow ice as in Man Made? Bummer, I hate that stuff, not that we have any, but when I have ridden it, I could not believe how hard it was, seems like it was even harder than nature ice if that is possible?

Hope you see better conditions soon!!