Note to New Members ×

Bustin a Button/ kid snowboard stoke

carvedog

Wow. My 7 yr old daughter Trin, got it today. She got it.

Our beginner run linking turns top to bottom at speed ( relatively) with turn shape, control, flex/extension - it just all came together.

Man did I have a big smile on my face after that. We ripped 8 or 9 runs non-stop in two hours. She was super psyched and kept going faster, and then bummed when the lift closed.

Got one of these too. "Dad that was awesome."

Total flat light day or I would have snapped pics. Next time.

This after an epic carving day Sat on Baldy. Saweet.

Hope everyone got out this weekend.

Thanks for the smile carvedog. Stuff like this truly warms my heart.

I have an 11 month old daughter. My wife and I spend time on the local hill by bringing her with us. One of us rides, the other plays with our daughter. Last week we brought a blow up tube/sled thing and pulled her around in the snow at the bottom (WAY far away from everyone). The smile on her face was priceless. When I stopped pulling she would bounce up and down to let me know that I should keep moving. I'm loving this dad stuff. I could've just done that for the day.....but making turns was nice too.

It sounds like both you and your daughter are lucky to have each other.

I love hearing about sucess of parents with their little ones on snow:biggthump

I just got my 5 yr old son and 3 1/2 old daughter out on ski's last week for the 1st time. My wife and I had a blast with them. Looks like we'll be doing a winter family vacation next season:1luvu:

One of the things that helped out a lot - I mean I know I am a pretty good teacher but.....- is that I have let her play on an old wooden balance board all year.

She went from barely having a heel turn and no toeside slip ( hardly any ) to ripping in just two runs.

The sledding thing can be just downright hysterical too. But I don't care if she is good at that. For some reason seeing her do good at my chosen sport ( and I have never pushed her to ski or snowboard either one) put me over the moon. Maybe all that time following me on her skis did some kinesthetic mapping of some kind.

Can't wait to go again next weekend. :biggthump