Note to New Members ×

OT: fine absinthe OR fine scotch wisky

bobdea

just bought some of the absinthe from Jade its supposed to be the best if its better than Emile I will be very pleased even with the final cost well over $100

so I pose this questions should I purchase another bottle of absinthe or a really good scotch I cant decide I love both

any sugestions for scotch I prefer oak type taste over smokey

Balvenie 16 y.o. is my current weakness anyone ever try any of the others in the higher price range that balvenie makes

or any suggestions of other brands that make a fine wisky

I like burbon too if anyone has a special poison that they would like to tell us about

Originally posted by bobdea

Balvenie 16 y.o. is my current weakness anyone ever try any of the others in the higher price range that balvenie makes

or any suggestions of other brands that make a fine wisky

If you like Balvenie, try Oban. It is very nice, too.

MacCallan 18 and Balvenie 21 are very nice!

Originally posted by joecarve

That certainly has some friendly benefits, doesn't it? Particularly the part about renal failure, convulsions, and "involuntary evacuations"...

I raise my Fierce Grape bottle to Coldrider...

joe...

the amount of thujon required for any ill affect is much higher than that of any absinthe( anything that is sold in the EU must have less than 10mg/kg thujon) and would taste absolutly horrid wormwood oil is some nasty stuff BUT at the time of the ban many of the companies that were producing absinthe were using copper salts for colorings and those could cause all sorts of problems absinthe is being produced in France again and for the most part its good stuff

Oban I will put on the list

I did not know what is real or not , but when I went to Praha in the czech I bought some that had leaves in it and other debris along with van goh picture on da bottle,,it sure tasted real ,,I bought two bottles in the old town by the Charles brigde for 10 bucks a piece,, then you could get the synthetic for about the same.. I came home with four bottle in my back pack the whole time not know what this stuff really was! I no declare,, who duz anyway!

All I know is I sold two bottles for $100 bucks a piece when I got home and gave the good stuff to my dad which about only 1/4 is gone in the two years we have it.. put sugar on a spoon with it ,,light it and then stir for taste!

haven't done antything tomb me bad,,,,, but I do poop alot!:(

Get the Absinth!

Writhe Srhed said:confused:

Guest jeremiah

I still haven't figured out how one can drink absinthe. Well, I can choke it down, but I've got 80% of a bottle that a friend brought back from czech last winter. On the other hand the ONLY reason there is any Oban left is that I bought the bottle for the guy who watched my apartment when I was away, and he left it here. If he doesn't pick it up soon, it will be gone.

Jeremiah

whose wife just bought him a pass to stratton as a wedding present

is foul tasting for the most part

spanish absithe is better usually labeled absenta the most bang for the buck is mari mayans 70

the best stuff is being made in france I got a bottle of Jade S.V. 65 its the best tasting I have had

my old favorite was Un Emile 68

both are available at http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Absinthe.html

for the spanish stuff spiritscorner.com has them and many other brands as well as some other things of interest like poteen and cuban cigars

Absinthe, a very strong drink with a high alcohol content, was popular in the nineteenth century. Its usage is almost nonexistent today because of an unpleasant side effect. Imbibing it causes uncontrollable flatulence and the noise produced sounds remarkably like the exhaust of a Japanese car. This has given rise to the common phrase "Absinthe makes the fart go Honda".

Pat