February 8th Carving at Snow Summit

Arclite

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to see how I am feeling. Not long after Andrea was transported down the hill I took my own teeth rattling fall. I was heading for the trees off the side of the run and had to take evasive measures. Hit pretty hard, left hip is sore, rib cage is sore, groin muscle tender and a stiff neck. Feeling better today but wil have to see about Sunday.

Sorry to hear about your fall. I'll be up at Summit Feb 12 & 13 if you're feeling better.

80% chance i won't make it on sunday unless i start feeling better right away.

my body is all sore and aching. i think i'm coming down with something...

damn, leave it to the unforseen dice rolls to shaft me over again (that was a geek reference that i doubt any of you will get. 20 sided or 40 sided dice anyone?)...

zippo snow as of 430 pm. Storm still moving to the north of Big Bear

thank you Dennis for keeping us updated on the snow condition, i trust you more than the snow report on the official web site

i just hope you don't get in trouble for telling us the truth, this is what it says on the internet:

Report last updated: February 6th @ 2:30 p.m.

We received 4 inches of new snow last night and it's been snowing throughout the day! If the forecast holds true, the next systems could bring up to a foot or more of additional snowfall making for excellent powder and packed powder conditions.

Southern California Resort Translator.

Anyone program in Basic? I just wrote a program to help you figure out what resorts really mean.

10 DEFSNG A-Z

20 INPUT "What is the resort's reported snow depth?";d

30 t=d/10

40 PRINT "The resort's true snow depth is";t

50 SLEEP

err.....no comprendo senor... :smashfrea

zippo snow as of 430 pm. Storm still moving to the north of Big Bear

I don't know what happened at Snow Summit, but at Bear Mtn it WAS SNOWING off and on most of the day (2-6-09). And when I left the Bear Mtn parking lot around 4:00 PM it was still snowing. On the drive home, snow turned to rain below Snow Valley.

Carving conditions were good at Bear Mtn, but visibility was patchy. In the morning I rode mostly at Silver Peak because the visibility was decent there. Geronimo was just fogged in.

In fact, carving got better as the day wore on. In the morning, snow was a little soft, then it firmed up later in the morning.

Around 1:00 pm, the sun broke through and I headed over to Geronimo. It was super fun for 2 hours, then got socked in again.

Definitely going again on Sunday:biggthump

On the way up, I put on chains at Snow Valley because that's where alot of people were chaining up, but there was no police check. At the time it was raining at Snow Valley. But, I didn't need the chains. There was no snow on the road; I just followed the crowd.

On the way home, I took the chains off at the parking lot, because I didn't see any snow on the road, but I could have used it on the way down. Snow on the road from outside of town down to Snow Valley.

We got about 8 inches of dry powder early am today. As I write this is is snowing again and radar shows another band headed towards us. It looks decent ( about 2 hours of snow) so we should pickup another couple of inches. The report of 4 inches on Thursday was more like one inch. Staff is tell me the top got 8-10 inches today so Sunday should be great carving after the soft powder is packed down, Cold eather front is coming in so snowmaking so really add to it. I updated the Snow Summit link on this board also. Really dry snow so if winds pick up it could get blown araound easy. Fortunately the crowds are packing it down.

We got about 8 inches of dry powder early am today. As I write this is is snowing again and radar shows another band headed towards us. It looks decent ( about 2 hours of snow) so we should pickup another couple of inches. The report of 4 inches on Thursday was more like one inch. Staff is tell me the top got 8-10 inches today so Sunday should be great carving after the soft powder is packed down, Cold eather front is coming in so snowmaking so really add to it. I updated the Snow Summit link on this board also. Really dry snow so if winds pick up it could get blown araound easy. Fortunately the crowds are packing it down.

Chains for tomorrow?