Snow Summit Updates

skipatroll

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke up to about 6-8 inches of dry powder and high winds with snow coming down. Should get more snow later today. It has stopped temporarily but it looks like another large band is headed our way. (See Bensweather.com and look at the local radar selection on the left then press the play button at the bottom right of the image)

Woke up to about 6-8 inches of dry powder and high winds with snow coming down. Should get more snow later today. It has stopped temporarily but it looks like another large band is headed our way. (See Bensweather.com and look at the local radar selection on the left then press the play button at the bottom right of the image)

Again Dennis, thanks for the realistic snowfall totals. Mt. High is especially bad about what powder is, and how much of it fell.

It has been dumping all morning. We have gotten about 16 inches and it is still snowing hard at about 2 inches per hour. Thinking we will wind up with close to 2 feet. I update after the storm passes by.

Another large one headed here for Sat/Sun/Monday.....yahoo!

With the slides and road closures, I cannot believe that Fedex will probably not get here with my new board today!

330 has been closed since Monday due to avalanches and 38 has been closed to trucks and buses. Therefore there has been no UPS or FEDEX deliveries. My board is sitting at Fedex in Rialto. Maybe tommorrow...we will see. Very frustrating! At least you guys were nice enough to let me ride the 179 Prior 4WD...lots of fun in he new powder and fresh grooms. Laying out 3-6 inch trenches with it

Length, Eff Edge, SCR, tip, waist, tail, stiffness, # of clams

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=170>167 Freecarve II </TD><TD width=55>167 </TD><TD width=55>150 </TD><TD width=55>10.6 </TD><TD width=65>24.90 </TD><TD width=65>19.50 </TD><TD width=65>24.90 </TD><TD width=45>7.0</TD><TD width=35>680</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

19.5 is getting skinny by today's standards, and the FC2 is the wider model!

Length, Eff Edge, SCR, tip, waist, tail, stiffness, # of clams

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td width="170">167 Freecarve II </td><td width="55">167 </td><td width="55">150 </td><td width="55">10.6 </td><td width="65">24.90 </td><td width="65">19.50 </td><td width="65">24.90 </td><td width="45">7.0</td><td width="35">680</td></tr></tbody></table>

19.5 is getting skinny by today's standards, and the FC2 is the wider model!

I guess i should of known you would answer :rolleyes:

Well we did not get the 2-3 feet expected however at this time we got about 16-18 inches solid. The wind was so bad visibilty was a couple of feet. Best way up was thu Lucerne Valley. I will know better on the snow accumulation when I get up the Mt in the am. Winds were so fierce tat I cannot figure out the total snowfall as of tis time. Finally stopped snowing about 8 pm. The next day we picked up about another 3-4 inches so we got close to 2 feet. Riding is great. Air has been clear and dry but cold on Wed.