Note to New Members ×

How to repair Core shots on Metal boards.

Fleaman

VEry nice patch job, I tried doing a few of those when I worked in a ski shop in the 80s. My attempts didn't come out as well as yours did. Now go mount up those new BOL heel receivers and go ride!!!!

they are mounted and ready to go, but I am on Standby at work this weekend so I had to dream about riding.

they are the Bomber recievers for Catek bindings.

Looks like it might be. A cnc router inside a surface planers chassy. It's the perfect width for snowboards. I wonder what it's working length is. Fascinating approach that I've never seen before.

My mother used to work for Sears so I can get it at a discount too:)

I have often eyed up the planers and thought about trying to set it up somehow but looks like these dudes have done it. Must be made made by someone else and Craftsman name slapped on it so could probably find similar with another nameplate . I like the space savings!!

Just checked and Carvewright is the co who builds it. Seems a ton of people have them blow up so you get what you pay for.

They were the frozen dough white chocolate macadamian nut cookies you buy from school fundraisers, they are my favorite.

I don't know what Steve's talking about, those cookies look awesome.

HUH?

Hey man you're talking to Canadians eh, if theres any more than beer and a chainsaw involved , we're not interested:lol:

Don't forget bacon and ODR.

[if you lightly sand the aluminum minutes before applying your e-poxy, you should get a good bond. aluminum will oxidize. This is what prevents adhesion to it. By sanding immediately before applying your epoxy, you should get an extremely good bond./QUOTE]

I am a powerlineman and we use wire brushes to clean up aluminum wire. One old guy told a co-worker of mine that if you brush the wire, you have five minutes to make the connection. I told him he was full of **** but maybe he was right.

Please give a review of them when you can get some time on them I am lilkely gonna buy them this year and want to know what to expect

I used them this weekend and had better success in clipping them in. With the catek recievers, the heels clicked in, but I was not confident. as they pulled out when tested. The new steel recievers worked better but no click (I did use silicone grease) But when I visually checked them they were always in. The best thing about them is you can see the pins protruding from the reciever and it gives you the confidence.

ODR

Refresh my memory?

Anyways, the patch held fine. I have patched before but the reapair has been suspect (hence the ordering of an new Coiler(You have to buy what your wife lets you, and when she lets you) ) I didn't flame treat the patch on my old AM and it seems to be holding but the corner is a bit spongy. The patch I did in the pictures above has held fine and I have no regrets. This repair will last.

BTW, It took a few days, but I found that the Metal board is Way better at carving in crud and harder conditions.

At the start i was thinking, it felt the same as My old board.

Then after a few turn in groomed crud, I chanded my mind.

I grew up on Odr's in northern ontario, but now that I live out west, you can only have a rink like 2 or 3 weeks a year untill it gets too warm.

Makes sense, I'm an Ontario boy, so I've no idea what it would be like not to have any ODRs come winter. Still, blasphemy for forgetting the one acronym all Canucks must know! BlueB may have recently become a Canadian citizen, but he's no Canadian until he's been out on the ODRs a few times.

:D

• 9 months later...
BlueB may have recently become a Canadian citizen, but he's no Canadian until he's been out on the ODRs a few times. :D

Hey, I'm in BC's Lower Mainland, our water doesn't even freeze here ;)

However, I've been on an ODR as a kid, in my country of birth.