Note to New Members ×

F2 Roadster

griff

Can anyone tell me something more about this board.

8.2 R

20.8 waist

I think its an 06.

Is it a SL race board? Anything regarding how the edges are set from the factory on this?

I'm looking for a tight east coast board thats good on ice as well as just a snappy ride.

Thanks for any help..

Its a poor attempt at an all mountain board. It has a tight sidecut - I have a 162 with a 9m sidecut radius or close to it. I find the board to be soft all round especially torsionally and I always struggle with poor edge hold - a problem I dont have on my oxygen proton or hot blast. I am too heavy for the board so it might be a different experience for someone of 80kgs or less. I do like it in moderate powder, especially on steeps and I find it very forgiving all round - easy to just cruise on. I hate it on ice or hardpack but love my proton in the same conditions. Snappy ride? - just cant see it.

I'm fishing around I would love to get a Madd 158 but new they are out of my reach and haven't seen a used one for some time. So when I saw this F2 in a 156 I wanted to look into it. So if you have any other boards worth looking into that compairs to the Madd I'm open to it.

Thanks for the get back on this. Last thing I want to do is get a ride that isn't what I was looking for.

I'm fishing around I would love to get a Madd 158 but new they are out of my reach and haven't seen a used one for some time. So when I saw this F2 in a 156 I wanted to look into it. So if you have any other boards worth looking into that compairs to the Madd I'm open to it.

Thanks for the get back on this. Last thing I want to do is get a ride that isn't what I was looking for.

true SL decks would be okay, the newer stuff is different though(better! but has a specific feel) and harder to come by.

speedster SL comes to mind because they're obtainable.

COILER, KESSLER, SG, DONEK and Prior SL boards all pop up here and there.

IMHO, if you want something good contact one of the people that race or coach that post on this board. might be able to set you up with a retired board or something.

I bought a 166 roadster this year(22cm/9m), and I've been happy with it so far. Its my first board and I have yet to ride enough other boards to make a true informed comparison, but its treated me well as I learn to carve.

The one thing I will say is that it is way too soft for someone my weight. I think its rated for riders < 70 kgs(155lbs). I weigh 200 lbs, so I really should change to a stiffer board as I start to improve my form and speed. While I'm talking about it, do you guys think buying a conshox system would help with the stiffness enough for me to stay on this board?

Got a good deal on the Roadster 166 myself a couple of years ago and it's been fun. I'm 185, and I like it for later-in-the-day conditions, or shallow snow. Early, I really like the new Prior 175 WCR I bought last year and can really tell the difference in control. I've raced with the Roadster some but find my times to be just about as good on softies. I'd say a good starter board for a good price for all-round riding. BTW- think the conshox are built in on this board.

It sounds like I need to come out west were ice isn't the daily condiction. In New England we call it blue powder. What we call a pow day is 6+. Plus what the groomers do in the east (Ma) is pack it real hard due to the local area's are open from 9am to 10 pm and some of the area's only groom one time in the morning and let it go the rest of the day so by 5 its pretty hard to scraped off to ice. So looking for a board that can run great for first tracks to getting out on ice appears to be a tall order. From what I have seen from the local good riders is that sub 160 ish sl board. Believe it or not most of the guys I see that can really rip it up are on the Madd 158. I think I will have to see if one of them will part with one for a day to really give it a try. The sugestion to try any of the other great boards (coiler, donek, prior) I'll have to keep my eyes open for when becomes available-I haven't seen any of those in a SL out here I have seen them in a GS as well as an all mountain style board-which would be my second board in the quiver or maybe a EC style board...this is why I love and hate this sport so many boards so little cash and time....I still find it a blast!!!

Based on what I hear here, the east coasters are going with short boards due to narrower and more crowded trails. The guys out west shoot for days and resorts with low crowds, wide trails so they can pull out the big guns, sustain the g-forces over longer arcs, thus bump up the adrenaline and fun factors.