Note to New Members ×

Would an unused Sims Burner 167 be of interest?

MUD

I'd started out on a 162 Burner as my first true alpine board, but had always loved the look of the split-tails. I'd been hunting a new/unused Burner for several years, but couldn't find any under 188cm. My local mountain is kinda small and narrow, so I was hoping to find one of the "smaller" ones. A couple of years ago a guy in Germany had a whole run of new ones in 167-188cm. I was lucky enough to pick up the 178 after I'd lost out on a 167 in a bidding war. Black & Red have always been my favorite color combo too, so you can imagine my elation at seeing the graphics on this one. I rode this one sparingly the first season or two, but went back to it last year due to issues with one of my other boards. I fell in love all over again and now use it regularly in between my Virus/Madd/Rossi. Looking back I shoulda bought the whole damn lot of 'em!!!

post-857-141842271915_thumb.jpg

That's my bud Ralann (Rob) and my son a couple of seasons ago. He rode the sh*t outta that thing. Since then Rob moved on to a Madd 170 or 180 (I can't remember) and was tearin' it up on that too. Haven't seen or heard from him in a while, but I'm sure where ever he is, he's killin' it.

how the heck did you get your hands on a 178?

"The 178 length was custom made for the Japanese snowboard team, and is extremely rare."

http://www.alpinecarving.com/boards.html#specialized

Didn't know the 178 was so rare - I have one too - 188 and 197 as well. Love the split tails. Added an AlpinePunk Metal Burner this year. This has many of the attributes of the Burners along with the damp metal ride. Haven't had it out enough this year to pass judgment, but initial impression is very good :biggthump

I should have acted more quickly, the short burner would have been great on my local hill.