Note to New Members ×

Steepwater Status?

scrapster

Just took a spin on a 164 Steepwater Steep today. Oh my...that's a fun snowboard. :1luvu: I had some of my best carves on it since I jumped back on hard boots this season after an 18 year hiatus.

Two questions: 1. Anyone know what the scr is on that board? (I've heard its around 11 or so.) and 2. Is Steepwater still in business? Their website looks like it shut down right before the 2007 season. Not a good sign.

The info I got was the steep and the plow were the same other than width. Steep is 25 and the plow is 25.5. Both are 10M.

Wave Rave is selling them but not very enthusiastically. Took a couple of emails and a call to get info.

They are still in production.

Jinks Buell......

The info I got was the steep and the plow were the same other than width. Steep is 25 and the plow is 25.5. Both are 10M.

Wave Rave is selling them but not very enthusiastically. Took a couple of emails and a call to get info.

They are still in production.

Jinks Buell......

not sure on the 164 but the 171 scr is closer to 12. Only diff between steep and plow is width (just under 25 vs 25.5)

SWEET boards. Never shoulda sold mine.

not sure on the 164 but the 171 scr is closer to 12. Only diff between steep and plow is width (just under 25 vs 25.5)

SWEET boards. Never shoulda sold mine.

My info was in an email from Wave Rave...... I was specifically asking about the 171's. Who knows though. I think you are closer.

I don't think the 164 steep is far behind the 171 in terms of scr. It turns much longer than my 168 Prior MFR, which has a 10scr. Interesting note about the taper too. It looked like the tail of the Steep actually flares out a bit (again, more than the MFR). Time for the measuring tape...

Glad to hear they're still making them. I think one will have a spot in my quiver for a long time.