Note to New Members ×

More signs of the economic times---Mammoth midweek $57

garyj

I copied the following information from the Mammoth website. It nice to see the big mountain making some concessions, albeit a little limiting. I bet we see more of this type of marketing as the season moves on. If you can get up mid week---its a deal.

January Midweek Lift Tickets - $57

Best ticket prices for prime season skiing.

* Valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday January 5 -29th.

* Two day advanced purchase necessary.

* Two day lift ticket purchase required.

Wow that is almost unheard of for Mammoth. They never discount tickets, ever, except for the bring-a-friend program. This, and the January mid-week pass really show the money issues they may be facing.

This past weekend was very empty for a January weekend. I heard occupancy was only 48%, when it is usually in the high 90s.

:eek::eek::eek:WOW:eek::eek::eek: that is amazing and yet also scary...if that continues it will really hurt

Yea, I agree with Gecko it will really hurt. I'm sure they are already feeling the sting as evidenced by the pricing. What will really hurt is if June gets shut down early to save on labor costs. Intrawest reacts quickly to market conditions like this.

Close June? Say it ain't so! I just discovered it this season and was planning to skip Mammoth for the rest of it. :(

Maybe Mammoth should have lowered their lift ticket prices instead of having raised them to $83 in these times :smashfrea

Im getting old enough where I've seen several "boom then bust" situations. Electronic Music was HUGE in the mid to late 90s. ANYONE with a sampler and a keyboard could get signed it seemed. I know people who were right in the middle of that, getting $10k plus to DJ (play records for cryin out loud!)...then things changed, and...somehow...they complain about it as if...the cash cow they were riding was somehow an entitlement instead of just some good timing.

Mammoth has charged close to $80 a day for years now. Lodging is ridiculously expensive, and half the time the top isn't even open. We've been raped for long enough.

Unfortunately...(I picked up that Jan midweek pass) the conditions just plain SUCK right now.