Note to New Members ×

F2 Challenge Comp Bindings

D.T.

Looking for some beta on F2 Challenge Comp bindings (the blue, yellow and black SI's). I see them on occasion, but presume that F2 must not have made them for very long or in very large quantities. Am I wrong? How is the durability? Any other info is appreciated. :biggthump

Based on a side-by-side photo comparison with the Carve RS binding, the challenge comp appears to be more similar to the Intec Titanium but rather than having hard plastic lift blocks, they are rubber or something similar.

Anybody ridden these? Anybody blown-up a pair?

I have two pair (step ins), both mounted on all mtn boards; I've never had a problem with them in 2 years of use. I ride LeMans boots and BTS with yellow springs, so I'd describe the whole rig as a pretty mellow set-up.

Bumpyride recommended them to me when I was looking for a step-in; if I remember correctly he bought a bunch to keep the shipping cost reasonable (per pair anyways).

Hopefully, he'll chime in on his experience with them too.

Russ

The challenge comp is darn near the same binding as the RS. I've ridden the CC quite a bit, have them on my AM right now. So far no problems whatsoever. A couple niggly things regarding adjustment ie just be real careful with the front screw when setting the toe block. If you strip it it's a huge PITA.

I like the toe bail adjustment on the stepins. Just a couple dials so you can snug it down real good, and the steel receiver.

a good freeride/freecarve binding. No idea on racing with em.

I'm 6'2" 185+lbs and they work just fine. I had originally bought them for my son to use on his alpine set-up, but when I picked up some medium size F2 Ti bindings for my sons board I decided to use them on a softer set-up for myself. I'm actually selling my set-up, I'll be posting it later in the classifieds. Here's a pic of the board & bindings.

post-857-14184226932_thumb.jpg

Both my son and I use them exclusively. We ride the bumps mostly all day and take some hard chops, and never had a failure or release. Can't say enough nice things about them. They're easy on the boards (think Titanal) and easy on the bones as they don't transmit as much chatter as the stiffer bingings.

If I was going to try anything else it would be the new Bomber TD3 Intecs with the yellow.