Note to New Members ×

Base jumping taken to an EXTREME!

patmoore

I believe it's the same release system used for skysurfing, being a skydiver myself and actually having done aboout a hundred skysurfing jump and knowing a bunch of people that base jumps, it's hard to explain without pictures but it's basically a strap that loops around your ankles and foot, then you pull a cables that runs through a couple of metal rings on the strap and the strap releases, when they ski off the cliff they don't need to go very fast and they just go straight down, they don't need to make turns or pick up a lot of speed so the connection doesn't need to be extra stiff, hope this help, if i find my old straps somewhere i might be able to take a picture and show you

found them right where i left them when i stopped using them

the first pic shows you how the all thing stays together, the second pic shows the other side and the third pic shows what happens when you pull the cable, the strap releases and loosen up and your foot will slip right out, it's simple but very clever from whoever designed it, i thought you would enjoy tha fact that i used a hardboot liner for the pictures

post-6353-141842269168_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842269171_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842269174_thumb.jpg