Note to New Members ×

Carvers in Snow Summit on Sunday the 11th

Arclite

Let me guess, Birthday today?? Should have let me know, I was slow at work, could've have joined you.

Sorry, I thought I had told you at the ASSESS event that I was going on Friday. I must of had that conversation with Andrea. All you carvers look alike:D

I have alternating Fridays off. So, yesterday was my alternate Friday. Next Saturday is my B-day. I think I'll skip riding during the MLK holiday, unless the surf is flat.

The snow is windblown ice (my dad was getting all nostalgic thinking he on the east coast again) in the San Gabriels. I ended up doing carves where my downhill edge became my downhill edge again because I just could not release from the carve.

Aaron- I took a length of bungee cord, and attached it to the "keeper" hooks on my gloves, effectively handcuffing myself into good hand position. Definitely helped, especially in crap conditions. (naked ice)

Didn't fall too much except for the carves I got stuck in. Definitely had to fully dedicate to the turn if I wanted to carve smaller radii. Loving the Coiler. :biggthump

I hope the snow is better at Summit for you guys! Have fun on Hardboots Julian!

Sorry, I thought I had told you at the ASSESS event that I was going on Friday. I must of had that conversation with Andrea. All you carvers look alike:D

Hi Erwin, you are right, you told me about friday, you are off every other friday and if the surf is good you are at the beach otherwise you are at snow summit, we all look alike only on the chair because Aaron looks way better than me on the slopes

i will see you sunday, i will bring my small camera so i can take pics and maybe some video

Rode at Snow Summit today (Friday). Conditions stayed hard and carvable all day long. Grooming was good, I didn't encounter any cookies. The bottom half of the "Wall" was awesome!

People were complaining that it was icy; but that's because they were on the wrong equipment:D

I'll be surfing on Saturday and joining the crew at SS on Sunday.

Summit has been able to blow snow for the last 12 hours according to their website. That should help w/surface conditions.

Erwin: How was the surf for you today? I hit Churches for about an hour and it was minuscule. My buddy and I ended up leaving then driving south to O'side in our wetsuits hoping for something better and it was worth the try. Nothing to write home about, but it was about waist to shoulder-high. That was probably double what it was at Churches.

See you at Summit tomorrow.

Julian, you're more than welcome. It's a pleasure to let you use the boots as long as it means that you will be joining us on the "other side". Hope they work for you. I know that they are carve capable boots, I personally used those for many years before gettng the Deelux Indys.

OVR

well, it was another nice carving day at snow summit, there was at least 9 of us that i know of, maybe more and fun was had by all, my son got a chance to try his F2 roadster with his K2 clicker and in 2 weeks he will be in hardboots thanks to Aaron, i saw Dennis a few times, he is the head of the ski patrol and today he was working and he was riding his wolkl rt, yes, you heard me right, the head of the ski patrol was working and he was on hardboots, how cool is that? and he was looking good carving if i may say so and Fin if you are reading this, Dennis is just waiting to get his TD3

we'll be up again in two weeks but we'll start another thread for it

it was nice riding with all of you

brother gets married on the 17th. I'm free after that. I'll be on the madd BX with my catek fr2s, although i have this feeling that i'm gonna be mounting my TD2s on it when no one is looking... hahaha

planning on taking either a tuesday, wednesday, or thursday off next week to try out the new gear.

board comes in tomorrow. can't wait to get back up to the slopes. it's nice to have a carving crew here.

Surfed the northside of HB pier in the afternoon. Clean and waist high. Decent shape. It was worthwhile getting wet. My surf buddy, Robert, will be joining the crew at Summit.

The current carver count is now at 6 :biggthump

Hey brutha, do you still have my North Face pull over? I would expect at leaste a phone call when you in the area surfin. ;) How are the conditions going to hold up locally through all of this warm weather?

Hey brutha, do you still have my North Face pull over? I would expect at leaste a phone call when you in the area surfin. ;) How are the conditions going to hold up locally through all of this warm weather?

Yeah, the pull over has been sitting in my car since our last Mammoth trip.

I called you at least once to see if you wanted to surf/retrieve your pull over. You never called back. I felt spurned!

I predict 1 hr of icy conditions in the morning, then 1 hr of good carving, then slush. If the heat wave stays, it will be time to pull out the freestyle board and hit the half-pipe. As long as it don't rain, conditions should stay decent for a while.

The snow was definitely a pleasant surprise, I was expecting spring conditions considering the temps that we have had in the valley. Snow was very carvealicious all day. That is until I left at 2:00. Great to see Irwin, Robert, Andrea, Julian and Dave. Didn't get a chance to ride with Dennis, though I did see him at the bottom of Chair 10. Shouted a hello to him.

Yeah, the pull over has been sitting in my car since our last Mammoth trip.

I called you at least once to see if you wanted to surf/retrieve your pull over. You never called back. I felt spurned!

I predict 1 hr of icy conditions in the morning, then 1 hr of good carving, then slush. If the heat wave stays, it will be time to pull out the freestyle board and hit the half-pipe. As long as it don't rain, conditions should stay decent for a while.

WHAT? I never called back??? You must be mistaken :ices_ange, I would never not call back. Let me know when you are coming by to surf and I will make it a point to go out. More high pressure on tap, only this weekend there should be waves. North by northwest will make the lower streets in NB very fun. The next week day you go up, let me know and I will arrange things at work so that I can join the So Cal crew aka ASSESS or something like that.

...The next week day you go up, let me know and I will arrange things at work so that I can join the So Cal crew aka ASSESS or something like that.

I'll probably go again on Friday, 1-23-09 (unless the surf is going off). So clear your schedule.

Here's some video footage from the 11th. The lower half of "The Wall" was impeccable and low traffic!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBt4ZwCLNjg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBt4ZwCLNjg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>