Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Mario - I hope the birthday bash was a blast. I would have loved to have come for the day, but I had a friend from college in town who was interested in doing mountain-type things during her vaca. Hope to see you guys soon! :rolleyes:

No Problem Angie.

It was like a horde of locusts hit my kitchen. 20+ lbs of ribs, brisket, and shoulder,2 gals of beans, a big bowl of slaw, and 2 other side dishes devoured in about 45 minutes, and there was less than 20 people at this point. It was quite amazing actually, a few stragglers showed up later, plates in hand, and all I could offer was a wish sandwhich or 2. That'll teach them to show up late. A fine time was had by all:D

mario

Ok, so far we have two votes for Saturday the 12th. I currently have about a dozen brats waiting to be grilled up next weekend.

Anyone, anyone. (chirp, chirp)

Hot day today out at BCRA building trail on National Trails day. Now time to sample the backyard goods and Bergen tomorrow.

Ink

Phyllis may be out of the ms after a bad crash today.:( We did the ralston creek trail from our house and were in the home stretch, 45 miles into a 56 mile ride, when she laid her bike down after crossing some railroad tracks on 44th out by the RR museum in Golden. For once I was the uninjured adult taking their spouse to the ER, now I know how she feels when I come home bruised and bloody, or calling from an ambulance on I 70 to say I am okay. Scary ****. She is okay, other than a badly jammed thumb and some nasty road rash, at least I won't be the one getting in trouble for bleeding on the sheets for once. As far as equipment, the 29 dolla costco helmet we got her last week is trashed, and I have not had a chance to look at her bike, though her nice Bianchi bar tape is thrashed. Long story short, I will let you know towards the end of the week if she is up for getting back in the saddle, if not, I may move my training rides on to dirt, and she may end up driving sag for the ms

mario

interested in a status report for summit county

mountain biking

is it still too early or has stuff dried out ?

many thanks

Well considering my mountain bike experience includes learning how to use clipless pedals on a steep-ass 4wd road two weekends ago in Aspen (the 20 thousand scars have finally healed), I'm not the one to ask. I do know that most of the lower hiking trails are 95% dry, so I would guess most of the biking is by now too. I wouldn't venture up to like the Peaks Trail or anything just yet, but things are much dryer now than they were this time last year. I spent most of last summer road biking on the bike path or dirt roads, so this year is wen I am being thrown to the mountain bike wolves (thanks honey :p).

P is doing better, but she is off the bike for next sat at least for a lunch with her mom. Walgreens now has that cool netting stuff to hold your nonstick gauze in place over your road or trail rash, not that I would know any thing about that:p. I may hit green mtn for a tune up/vomit fest on thurs if anyone is interested.

mario

Cool Bigs!

Thursday I will be hitting up Deer Creek with my Thday crew.

Speaking of Thday crew, we had a good ride on Bergen Peak today. Slow climb up then rippin' it on the DH side. Caught the fast boys off guard when the slow, fat, old guy was keeping them in the dust.

Three in for next Sat. It's getting to be a group ride. There are more LCI members out there who should be typing up.

Ink

let's just say the LCI will have first dibs on close proximity accomodations for SES next year ;)

Looks like it'll be a 4-pack year for me again (bittersweet for sure).

not looking to good for tomorrow. from wunderground

Tonight

Thunderstorms likely in the evening...then rain likely and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the evening. Lows 42 to 48. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming light. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Saturday

Rain likely and slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs 46 to 56. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

We will plan on 10ish and I will keep you fellas informed.

Ink