Note to New Members ×

Northeast Nor'easter

Jack M

Took me 12+ hours round trip(did a day trip, up @ 3am and got home @ 11PM) NY <-> Mount Snow VT

First time rocking the hard boot in pow(there will be many first in that context)... I was really nervous about it. First run KICK my ass. Snow got in every where as I tumble down the hill half the time. Ready to call in the quit as I was soaked, cold with sore ego and hurting feet...

Out of no where; a side of me that have not surface since I turn the big 3-O. "You will not defeat me!!! Mole hill" Got right back on the summit express and took another 3 run.

It wasn't much better; getting stuck in deeper stuff; unbind; dug myself out; spent feel like eternity to contort me torso back into the binding and repeat.

"It's world snowboard day and how did I end up in snowboard hell? Must be my punishment for having thought about picking up pair of ski and becoming a two planker" was on my mind. Granted I am a slow learner but after much torture. I realize my problem. I was trying way too hard to apply what I learn/read about hardboot carving on the good stuff. It's a powder day; let loose. Bring out some of the "bad habit".

Upper limps was flying every where, hunch down like Quasimodo. Next thing I knew I was howling joyful cried surfing/flying down the trail.

The funny thing was that after I losen up a bit I was able to stand staight and still my upper body and work on some of the hardboot technics. Guess it's true sometime gotta take a step back in order to move forward.

hardboot in pow is just as good as softboot. This is coming from a recent convert.

the trip was totally worth it... still grinning thinking about it :)