Note to New Members ×

Anatomy question

photodad2001

Dr. D is surprisingly a doctor..

Depends on who you ask!:boxing_sm I am a Chiropractor! I did cut up my share of cadavers so I guess that qualifies me:freak3:

I prefer to refer the feet out, even the acute ones:eplus2: smelly job fixing those things.

on a related note: If the cuboid is misaligned it could cause the bulging as well. A sports oriented Chiropractor could check it and fix it for you easily enough if it is really bothering you.

Hey, as long as you're not one of those new age hippy crap Chiropractors..

:lol::lol:

you are a very astute young man. not many people are inquisitive enough to know there is more than one kind. I am a man of science not voodoo, for the record.:biggthump I specialize in rehabilitating severe injuries and difficult cases. I get them when intensive care is done with them. do a search on functional neurology and you will get some idea of what I do beyond musculo-skeletal stuff.

"And as I gently palpate the third quarter of your left shoulder blade, you will find the mind and spirit to be one"

Bleh. It's the same thing as Podiatry vs. Foot Reflexology. That stuff bugs me to no end! :smashfrea

I was at a Halloween party, my mom is good friends with a buddy I've had since 2nd grade. For a time, my mom was insulin resistant because she was a little bit overweight. Not even noticeably so. There was this "doctor" talking about how there was an herb that would regulate her body's natural ability to produce cells that would react normally to sugars. After he finished, I pointed out the fact that she lost 5 pounds and was no longer insulin resistant. Kinda regret not making the comment that he's obviously very experienced with herbs..

You'll like this one since you're right in the middle of it. The Kinoki foot pads are actually filled with iron filings. Your perspiration causes them to oxidize, and over time your feet become used to them, and you perspire less, causing less rust. Some of these scams are so ingenious!

Jeez, new age stuff sure gets me fired up...Ah, you know what? 5 Hour Energy contains Amino Acids for better mood. ;)

Oh its worse than that. When they come up with a really good product they give it a drug name and charge 20 times as much as they should.

I spend a great deal of time researching this **** and there are some great products out there but there are 5 scams for every good product and then maybe 30% of the good stuff is appropriately priced.

Don't knock the herbs man thats where the drugs come from for the most part. misinformation is responsable for most problems in the herbal industry. I would guess more than 90% of the drugs out there are plant sourced to some degree.

No, I wasn't necessarily knocking herbs, but this guy was clearly a witch doctor. I got up and left when he mentioned Echinechia (spelling..yuck)

My grandparents buy into all that stuff, obviously it's not the best way to spend money, but I can't honestly complain, because they are taking great care of themselves.

Now those weight loss pill horror stories..jeez..

Also, the ads are VERY well worded.. "People on (weight loss pill) who lost 40 pounds lost 35 pounds more than people who lost 5 pounds on diet and exercise alone." Read it carefully. I think it was a Hydroxycut ad I caught that one on.

Depends on who you ask!:boxing_sm I am a Chiropractor! I did cut up my share of cadavers so I guess that qualifies me:freak3:

I prefer to refer the feet out, even the acute ones:eplus2: smelly job fixing those things.

on a related note: If the cuboid is misaligned it could cause the bulging as well. A sports oriented Chiropractor could check it and fix it for you easily enough if it is really bothering you.

This has been something I've had, without pain, for over 20 years. You were right on both accounts, big strong man the first 15 years, very active and healthy etc., fat old man the last 5. I should also add that for several years, back in the early to mid 90's, I also took Shaolin Kung-fu and Tai-chi. Both activities that require a lot of contraction of that particular muscle for kicking and forms.

Oh its worse than that. When they come up with a really good product they give it a drug name and charge 20 times as much as they should.

I spend a great deal of time researching this **** and there are some great products out there but there are 5 scams for every good product and then maybe 30% of the good stuff is appropriately priced.

Don't knock the herbs man thats where the drugs come from for the most part. misinformation is responsable for most problems in the herbal industry. I would guess more than 90% of the drugs out there are plant sourced to some degree.

Omega 3. It's why fish is so good for you. I was taking those tablets like candy then a nutritionalist told me that if you take too much it increases your chances of stroke. He said just to eat fish 2 or 3 times a week and stop taking the daily tablets.