Note to New Members ×

A Minneapolis Christmas

JJFluff

Calling all Minneapolis area riders.

How is everyone doing. I'm spending the Christmas holiday at the in-laws this year. They live in Plymouth, so I thought I would see if anyone would be up for some riding. I will be there the 23rd through the weekend , probably leaving on the 28th.

I'm up for suggestions, I'm not sure where all the hills are located. I've been to the afton alps, but that is it. So let me know if anyone is going to be out and I would love to catch up with you and take a few runs.

i think the tradition has been buck on christmas eve.

we gather around the steel KSTP Skycam tower at the top of crossroads to display feats of strength and to air out our grievances (mostly aimed at the skiers who pass by). buck is south of plymouth... about 1/2 hour drive.

i'll be at buck almost every morning for next 2 weeks. few days at welch too.

JFluff: I live in Maple Grove, northern border of Plymouth. I will be heading to Buck Hill a good portion of the days you are in town. I usually try to get to Buck about 8:45 am, so if I see ya along HWY 494 with your gear at about 8, I'll give ya a lift. I know where every coffee shop is on the way to and back!

Seriously, I spend 3 to 5 hours usually before decamping unless there is a snow storm - then I stay longer. If you need a lift, let me know.

BTW, Bobble is a permanent fixture at Buck.

Rick

BTW, Bobble is a permanent fixture at Buck.

Rick

well, that's only because i'm too damn lazy to drive elsewhere! it's 2 miles from my house. i think bobd gets more lift tickets per year than i do.

bruce is now the closest to the hill... within walking distance.

whenever i read something that others post about conditions on BHD, it makes me either stay home or makes me thrusty. haven't been out there this week because of the long rush hour drives.

yes, come to buck on xmas eve. if you want bigger hills and more runs, try to get to welch or afton. i can do afton or welch the 26, 27, or 28.

rode the gondola at aspen with you last year, but i don't think we made any turns (i was drooling over your buddies camera).

-trent

Sounds good everyone.

When you say Christmas Eve, I'm guessing you mean during the day? I can probably come during the day, and ride till around 1:30 or so. Would that be worth it?

I could probably get out one other day too. I think I drove by buck hill once, is it right on 35? Like you can see it off the freeway. If so it is very similar to my hill Sunburst.

rhaskins- I may just have to take you up on that. If not on christmas eve, maybe one of the other day's. I'll keep you posted.

Trent- I know I remember talking to guys from the twin cities, but it's pretty hazy. Did we ride up together before first tracks? What a great time that was. It's killing me that I can't afford to get there this year, but hopefully next season.

JJFluff: Looking forward to meeting you.

Yes - Buck is in Burnsville/Lakeville and it's RIGHT next to 35E.

Sounds like this is going to be a great time. I'm jealous we don't have a good hard bootin contingency around here. There is really only two of us that stick around the area to ride.

Whats up speedster.

I am at Sunburst a ton. I work as a trainer for the snowboard school, as does the other guy I was talking about in the earlier post. I am there every monday night for sure, and then usually one or two other times a week. You can email me at (jon jansen15 at yahoo dot com) as well. Let me know the next time you can head up and I'll probably be able to get there as well.