Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadow Reports 2008-2009

Big snow again last night, roughly a foot overnight followed by heavy snow in the am. Sun glimpses by 11 am. CRAZY start, MHM Express was moving but had electrical issues. So everyone lined up on "Blue" chair. Rumours and updates were squelched by "Skully", probably with out a doubt the best Lift Maintenance guy I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He was everywhere putting out fires.

DEEP!! Face shots, cold and very selective winds. Fairly high on the tops of the lifts and not bad once you started down. Cascade and Vista have not run for days.

Bryan

Photos,

Me, bottom of Blue at start.

View from Chair #2

View from HRM , getting tracked fast!

post-198-141842276214_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276218_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184227622_thumb.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet , sweet SUNSHINE!! Best carving conditions I have enjoyed this season!!! The fresh snow, groomed in a couple days and great visibility!!

The company wasn't bad either!! Tinkler, Mike H., Ross, Dan L, myself.

Hildreth was doing a photo shoot for Tinkler snowboards!! He seemed to be pleased with the results.

Should be good again Thursday.

Bryan lo

Couple photos taken by Michael Hildreth on this day.

post-198-141842276269_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276272_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276276_thumb.jpg

Big snow, small crowds, didn't expect it to snow two inches an hour on arrival! Started out on firm groomers with an inche or two on the front side of the ski area. Quickly went to 2-5" depending on where you were. Tested our alpine prowess with low vis and fresh snow. You did great handling it on a Factory Prime Ross!!! Maybe it was by because your proximity to Mike? Maybe your just a natural? Either way, pretty impressive for a new hardbooter.

Good to see Mark and Dane of the Idaho Possie on their return trip. Dane, thank your wife for the MOST EXCELLENT cookies!! Safe journey home my carving brothers!

Good fun either way, thanks for the PUSH in the am!!

PS, I like your new Avatar!!

Bryan

post-198-141842277755_thumb.jpg

2-4" overnight. Moderate winds and snowfall off and on all day.

Lower Heather opened up around 10 and was better than I expected. Blown in and smooth. Bumped into Jim M. showing his relatives around. Old friend Tim F. was cruising the pow on the Tanker 200cm.

Rider in Heather Canyon fell into a large hole at the base of the lower waterfall, he is ok.

Not the big snowfall that occurred over the weekend, but allot less people too. Should be good in the morning if they get the 6-10 forcast overnight tonight.

Bryan

1 First chair on SS

2 Powder ridge below Picnic Rock

3 Picnic Rock from the HR chair

post-198-141842278518_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842278521_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842278525_thumb.jpg

Luck of the Irish!!

Deep pow, storming, weekday busy but not bad for a pow day. Wind lips caught a few off guard (including me!) Tankers RULE!

Photos later.

Dan L. Randy K. Ross E. Myself and rumour there was a couple more hardbooting powder rippers at MHM. I didn't see them, but it came from a good source.

Good day!! Bryan

1 Tankerless Rider Walking

2 Snow Plow Action

3 Adventurous little girl going for a "Bull Wheel Ride"

post-198-141842278628_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842278631_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842278634_thumb.jpg

From MHM Website.

LIFTS SCHEDULED DAILY THROUGH APRIL 26

NIGHT OPERATIONS HAVE ENDED FOR THE SEASON

LIFTS ARE SCHEDULED DAILY FROM 9 AM - 4 PM. THIS SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE AS WE GET INTO THE LATTER PART OF THE SEASON.

Sounds like a bit of a contradition on the "Scheduled Daily"

I hope this means we are good for "Daily" till April 26 and then week to week on the weekends only from then on?

Still plenty of time to make a 99$ Spring pass pay.

Bryan, they might change their hours of it gets warmer. Some years in the past I think they closed at 3:00 instead of 4. Bachelor has been doing 8 - 1 after mid-April for years now, and except for NW and Leeway, the snow is usually pretty slow by 1 anyway.

Bryan, they might change their hours of it gets warmer. Some years in the past I think they closed at 3:00 instead of 4. Bachelor has been doing 8 - 1 after mid-April for years now, and except for NW and Leeway, the snow is usually pretty slow by 1 anyway.

Yep, let's hope it is just the hours and not the weekdays!!

I was looking to take advantage in the "Space" between the week storm systems. It was teasing us yesterday :) and today on the mountain was no different! Sunny and no wind was the 5:15am report, 1 inch overnight. It was in fact pretty sunny upon arriving. That didn't last very long.:smashfrea

There was actually areas with 4-6" of blown in snow, on hard surface. Groomers were pretty smooth, however, variable condition. Soft, as in sink four inches in a turn then icy on the next. Some of the normally good runs were covered in icy chunks the size of quarters (S/S Ridge). Only saw Mike H. are hard boots. Good day overall but not a hero day by any means. Kids started to take over late morning, spring break you know!

Bryan

Fresh snow Tuesday? Probably just enough to ruin the groomers and tempt us to go off piste and get roughed up a bit. Stay tuned! :biggthump

post-198-14184227918_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842279183_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842279186_thumb.jpg