Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadow Reports 2008-2009

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bryan for another great trip. It was great to get a chance to ride with Jon up in Baker and to ride with you, Tinks, Jim, and Wendy at MHM. Dinner and drinks was awesome. I will edit the video and put it to dvd when I get home and will send it off to all of you once it is done. Hope you all get some more snow soon and that you get some time off to go and enjoy it.

cheers and thanks again,

sandy

Thanks Bryan for another great trip. It was great to get a chance to ride with Jon up in Baker and to ride with you, Tinks, Jim, and Wendy at MHM. Dinner and drinks was awesome. I will edit the video and put it to dvd when I get home and will send it off to all of you once it is done. Hope you all get some more snow soon and that you get some time off to go and enjoy it.

cheers and thanks again,

sandy

Sandy, we all really appreciate your efforts in bringing the latest Tankers to the PNW. Not to mention the chance to ride with you and your friends. I was very pleased with the fact that so many folks made it to the get-together. I was getting concerned the staff at Hopworks would not be able to get us all in there :) They did a great job and the beer and food was very good!! Thanks again and safe journey home. Come back soon please!!

Bryan

Good to ride with ya' Sandy, sorry to miss out on the MHM festivities. Pre-ordered my '09/10 200 Tanker last week, just have to explain it to the wifey now...

Jon, fortunately you have a few months to "Work it into the conversation".

Smart decision though, I do not want to miss this production run. It is unfortunately a truely "Limited" model. It will sell through quickly. Anniversary Model (10 years of Tanker 200cm) and first "Rocker".

Sorry you could not attend, completely understand it was not handy! See you all at OES?? Bryan

Sunny, light winds, cool. Really nice day. Groomers are deceptive. Hard ice underneath tilled snow. Still some very good areas, just getting harder to find. First Sunday this year, didn't see another alpine snowboarder all day.

LOTS OF QUESTIONS!!!!

Trying out the Panarama feature of my camera.

Bryan

post-198-141842274127_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842274129_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184227413_thumb.jpg

Sandy, we all really appreciate your efforts in bringing the latest Tankers to the PNW. Not to mention the chance to ride with you and your friends. I was very pleased with the fact that so many folks made it to the get-together. I was getting concerned the staff at Hopworks would not be able to get us all in there :) They did a great job and the beer and food was very good!! Thanks again and safe journey home. Come back soon please!!

Bryan

Bryan, It was a great trip. Thanks again for everything. If you and Jim have a chance can you please post your comments on the boards under the rockered tanker post? We are going riding again this weekend to let some of the Japanese tanker riders try the new shape. Will get the dvd done in the next few days and will mail it of to you. Hope it snows soon for all of you. cheers, sandy

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24458

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet , sweet SUNSHINE!! Best carving conditions I have enjoyed this season!!! The fresh snow, groomed in a couple days and great visibility!!

The company wasn't bad either!! Tinkler, Mike H., Ross, Dan L, myself.

Hildreth was doing a photo shoot for Tinkler snowboards!! He seemed to be pleased with the results.

Should be good again Thursday.

Bryan lo

post-198-141842275079_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842275081_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842275085_thumb.jpg

I had a great time meet some great guys and had some great runs I loved it. I think I’m getting my season pass here next year.

Now we have to convince Tim to give MHM another try!! :confused:

Sorry my videos didn't turn out very well. You continue to progress at a rate that I have never witnessed before!! You had beginners luck at MHM yesterday. That was the best groomer day yet for my season. Like I have said before, nothing like looking down on the chair to see "MY" boards!!:eplus2::biggthump

Sure glad you came over yesterday, it was a blast!!

Bryan

Photo 1 = First sighting of Tinks from Vista Chair, someone taking photos?

Photo 2 = Second sighting of Mike H. Chasing the sun and Mike's blur!

Photo 3 = "Beer all gone" look on Ross's face!! Sorry , time to ride again:lol:

Sub-note on photo #3, Tinks talking shop with custom sail board builder and old friend Gary Swanson from "Cascade Sailboards" in the Gorge!!

post-198-141842275107_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842275109_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842275112_thumb.jpg

Short sweet and , well, generally poor quality clips (not riders).

I will likely delete these after folks have had a chance to view them.

Un edited. Need a MOV editor?

Bryan

Yesterday at MHM

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOlqlfJiZys&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOlqlfJiZys&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3cviZXQxig&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3cviZXQxig&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=824fNS4A2_Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=824fNS4A2_Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Watched the weather info, knew it would be iffy, Nexrad showed moisture coming up out of the south, hourly temp data at MHM was hovering around 32/33. Decided to go for it. Dry up to Sandy, rain started, raining all the way to the access road. Barely 32 in the parking lot and snowing hard. 2-4 inches of our famous cascade concrete. It was fun on the groomers until it started to get balled up. Wet seats, Pretty poor visibility, Vista on standby. 3 hours of driving, 3 hours of sleep, 2 hours of riding in 32.5 degree snow :confused::cool: :) GOTTA GO TO KNOW!!

Bryan

post-198-141842275682_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842275685_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842275689_thumb.jpg

POW-POW!! Ya Baby!! This was the real deal today folks!!! Better than I expected! Dumped couple inches an hour in the early morning before opening. 27 degrees, light to moderate winds, snowing hard, opened Express at aprox. 9:10 am to a pretty good sized group of Powder Pigs. Lots of Rockered Skis and Snowboards!! Everyone on them was quick to say they loved them. Wish I had the Rad-Air Rockered 200cm today. although no complaints, the old one did just fine :)

I did bring the camera today, although I didn't get much action footage.

I did run into Randy K. and Jim M towards the end of my day, they were pretty happy too!!

Bryan

post-198-141842276099_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276103_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842276105_thumb.jpg

It was nice to see you at the end of the day Bryan. I should not have forgotten my radio.....:sleep: I need to give your wire bails back (had them in the suby) BTW a friend is interested in seeing some of your winterstick collection if you have any showings available.

Nice to see Dan this last Saturday, you were looking in good form from the lift...

Jim