Note to New Members ×

Congrats to FIN!!!

philfell

You should have NO regrets with the TD3. The racers are trying out something that is slightly different from the production TD3, but when it is available it will be an easy upgrade if you choose to do so. But as is the TD3 is a great binding and should be considered a viable option for just about every hardbooter out there.

To answer on of the questions above. Pretty much all the racers are using the standard bail version.

Ahhh great, even if it's not true I appreciate the info :) Now for a nap....

Keep in mind, most racers like flex and movement in the binding... most free carvers I know don't want that flex. .

Unless you follow the http://www.extremecarving.com/tech/mat.html set up advice, in which case you want a fair amount of flex both forward/back and lateral. And you don't have to EC to use the set up. Personally it works great for freecarving/freeriding too (at least for me). I even find that for my size (5'6'' and 130lbs) the F2 Race Titanium bindings are on the stiff side of things ("I feel like a woman" by Shania Twain comes to mind...)

You should have NO regrets with the TD3. The racers are trying out something that is slightly different from the production TD3, but when it is available it will be an easy upgrade if you choose to do so. But as is the TD3 is a great binding and should be considered a viable option for just about every hardbooter out there.

To answer on of the questions above. Pretty much all the racers are using the standard bail version.

I am on one of these "factory modified" TD3, like what has been said racers tend to like more flex in our bindings so most of us are using the yellow e-rings and i am around 155lbs. There are few rider on the blue/purple and i don't think any of us are using the reds.

The reason I like them is because fin has made a product that feels similar to the F2's but in cold weather like Norquay wont break.

and none of us have a "factory modified" set of step-in TD3's, the 3 of us that podium with "factory modified" TD3's at Norquay were all on Kesslers with hingle plates for people that really wanted to know