Note to New Members ×

Madd 168BX setups

MUD

Hey all,

I recently acquired a Madd 168BX with the carbon butterfly. I know there are ALOT of you out there that have and LOVE them. What is you setup as far as binding angles and where they are mounted????

I run about 200 lbs in gear and have 29.5 UPZ's.

I am having a hard time coming to terms with it and want to get your input before I make any decisions.

Thanks.

Hey all,

I recently acquired a Madd 168BX with the carbon butterfly. I know there are ALOT of you out there that have and LOVE them. What is you setup as far as binding angles and where they are mounted????

I run about 200 lbs in gear and have 29.5 UPZ's.

I am having a hard time coming to terms with it and want to get your input before I make any decisions.

Thanks.

catek freerides and a decent softboot is my suggestion, I have tried and tried to make hardboots work with boards with similar dimensions to the BX and always hated it. the same boards with a softboot binding I'd love.

So run the bindings in the forward most inserts?

I also heard that you needed to mount pretty far forward for best results, so went either all the way to the front inserts or close to them. YMMV, but that didn't work for me -- I found the board incredibly sluggish with that setup.

I moved my bindings back a bit from that extreme forward position, and now it rides like a charm. I'll take a look when I get home and get you more specific info.

Thor,

you got Gleb's Madd BX right ?

I envision a madd bx beater ;) I'd be curious how she holds up

It's probably at the PO but I haven't been there in a while. Yeah.. looking for something for lumps and trees. I have an Atomic Radon (cameltoe) ready to try for the same purpose... thinking about keeping a count of turns to see how long it takes to snap off a tail. I'm sure I'll end up with a Coiler AM or a custom Virus BXish board for this purpose at some point.

I also heard that you needed to mount pretty far forward for best results, so went either all the way to the front inserts or close to them. YMMV, but that didn't work for me -- I found the board incredibly sluggish with that setup.

I moved my bindings back a bit from that extreme forward position, and now it rides like a charm. I'll take a look when I get home and get you more specific info.

Just took a look at my board, and I actually did have the front binding in the front set of inserts. It's a Catek WC, and I'm using the front set of holes in the baseplate, which places it back about an inch further than if I used the back holes in the baseplate. Back binding is 20" back, the same stance width I use on everything.

Huh, I didn't remember that I had it that far forward, (baseplate almost touches the "v" of the butterfly wing), but it was riding great like that at the end of last season.

Thank you everyone!

Got it! It stays, the Virus will also. They are different animals.

SO here is what I did. Mounted my bindings in the most forward inserts, in the middle of my binding plate. Then I adjusted my front binding back to the stance width I like. Rode my usual angles and BINGO!!!! Very Fun day!

Thanks again!