Note to New Members ×

Looking for carvers...

jetskier

Hey Jetskier,

There are a couple people here that spend time in Ogden that might chime in.

You should also look into coming to the OES session. It is a ton of fun and would be a good time to improve by riding with groups of carvers and last year there was an instructor that did a group lesson.

http://www.oregones.com/news/

Oregon Expression Session

March 5 - 8, 2009

Mt. Bachelor, OR

• 3 weeks later...

There are a couple people here that spend time in Ogden that might chime in.

Hey, that must be us. Just saw this thread. Rebecca (zoom) and I ride most days at Powder Mountain, if you're headed that way, let us know. Another BOLer, Kirk, rides at Snowbasin sometimes. Lots of powder riding right now :biggthump, but we're bound to get a carving day eventually....

Anyone in the SLC / Ogden area? I live near Layton and usually hit Snow Basin. I'm not great, but looking to progress...

Make the effort to hook up with Buell and Rebecca!! You will be happy you did!!

Not to mention Kirk and others in the area. In general you will find BOL members are a "Carve Above". sorry,:smashfrea it just came to me in a weak moment.

Enjoy!!

Hey, that must be us. Just saw this thread. Rebecca (zoom) and I ride most days at Powder Mountain, if you're headed that way, let us know. Another BOLer, Kirk, rides at Snowbasin sometimes. Lots of powder riding right now :biggthump, but we're bound to get a carving day eventually....

Yeah, was carving last Wed, but rode the Fish on Thurs & Fri at Snowbasin...then back to carving today. Haven't been to Powder Mtn in a few years. I'll check in with you around the next big storm...

I am going to be riding in Utah the 4<SUP>th</SUP> through 7<SUP>th</SUP>. I will be in the soft boots on Sunday at Brighton, but I would bring my hard boots if I knew I could ride with some carvers Mon, Tue or Wed. Snow Basin, Powder MT, wherever.

Bummer...have all this week off, but have to work next week on those days...

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting my gear together to start carving again. Met Rebecca "Zoom" the other day and she told me about this website...by the way thank you! Hope to maybe have someone to carve with as I'll be here all season. I'm in the market for a used all mtn. set up so...if y'all (that's the Florida in me...sorry) know anyone wanting to sell...thanks peace

Hey there mercury,

Funny! I'm from Florida, too (Tallahassee). I live and surf in Oregon now.

Glad to see you found BOL. I'm sure someone around here can help you with an AM board. The Prior 4WD is a super fun, easy starter. Buell (145 lbs) and I both enjoyed the 169 we had. Keep an eye on Prior's Demo site. If you're planning on keeping to the groom, a softer flexing, wider "race" or EC style deck could be a good option, too.

Just FYI - we should have a pair of excellent condition f2s for sale soon - drop me a PM if you're interested....

For boots, if you can find the page on mondo sizing on Bomber's site and figure out your boot size, that will help people who have some extra shells hanging around. As you may know, if you have low volume foot, you may have to size down a mondo point or so.

If you can travel and are interested in hanging out with a really stoked and varied level bunch of carvers, check out OES at Mt Bachelor - more info in my sig.

See you out there! We'll be carving tomorrow and Wednesday morning for sure - parking in the Hidden Lakes lot.

Rebecca

Hey Rebecca (& Buell) I'm semi-amazed at the responses in such a short amount of time. Like I say, though I have been in soft boots for quite some time now...and at this point feel most confident in the pow and trees in my current gear... I do want to start carving again. I like many went from skis to the hard plate set up and had a blast but I don't even remember when that was anymore)as I told you on the hill I use to ride a Checker Pig. But being an avid surfer I get so stoked seeing a carver....carve. I wanna!! Won't make it to the west coast event but will be riding at Powder all winter. Let me know about the bindings. peace