Note to New Members ×

Prior WCR setup -- setback

BadBrad

Center on the inserts and try it. If you have huge heel lift on the back foot and flat front you may want it back a bit from there, but otherwise centered usually works best. Too far back is only good for powder.

Totally not true. Personal preference is the key, combined with the design of the board. Priors are crazy snappy from the tail, rewarding a rider farther back with insane amounts of stored energy that can be released at the end of the turn, sending you flying into the next.

You're right - it's personal preference. Everyone should try it out and see what works for them, but the safest place to start is centered on the inserts. Nothing worse that getting stuck in the backseat while you're trying to get the nose over for the next turn. Or folding the nose because you're too far forward. I'm a bit of a Prior whore too, having ridden more than 40 of them in the past 10 years.

Hey, Jim, Chris... are you both saying the same thing here? Centre on the inserts, not the SCR?

Hrrrm ... just being nitpicky here but: since the WCR's have some taper, wouldn't centering on the SCR result in a stance positioned forward of center, not rear of it?

Seems to me you can center on: Total length, running length, inserts and scr, and that centering on either one of those things might result in slightly different stance positioning.

I used to position my bindings slightly forward of center on my Ride Kildy, mostly I suspect due to the taper. I usually go with the inserts and adjust by feel from there, assuming that the designer/manufacturer knows where the safest starting point is for stance adjustment given a particular board.

Hey, Jim, Chris... are you both saying the same thing here? Centre on the inserts, not the SCR?

Yup. I totally misread Chris's post. Was thinking he meant centering on the SCR. Sorry about that, Chris.

man, did not think this was that complicated!

the two I've had I ended up in the same place, slightly forward.

the metal prior I don't get on the tail, I ride it with my weight fairly centered. just what feels good to me? if I get too in the back seat the board does not feel good.