Note to New Members ×

Extremecarving photos as treeware

Vahur

I know that extremecarving technique has of little interest here among members. But for those few who have interest in body dragging following 2 links might be useful:

http://carving.grewu.org/gallery/ECS_Book/index.htm

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/407113

P.S. Hopefully such shameless self-promoting spam is not against forum rulz here :ices_ange

Interesting idea. Any sales on that book. I printed a calendar this year. We'll see how sales go with it.

Don't know about sales yet, as I've published this project on Tuesday this week and blurb provides sales information when book is printed and they actually charge for services. This takes time: in my case it took 8 days from placing order to notice that book is printed and shipped (and another 10 days for standard shipping).

But if you were interested about my income from publishing this book then profit will be $0.00 regardless from number of orders: as I wrote in my homepage the book's price is Blurb's base price (for printing, shipping and taxes), which means that I don't get any income from it. Why? Because photography and snowboarding are my hobbies and hobbies are not supposed to produce incomes, only expenses ;)

Another reason is that I want to provide this book as contribution to hardbooting community in order "to promote art and science of snowboard carving" :1luvu: Without those people who pay ridiculous prices for beer in Alps such images were not possible :)

But I'm sure that you have quite solid portfolio of carving images (and reputation in relevant circles) so I believe that if you decide to publish book of carving photographs then you have lot of orders...

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting idea. Any sales on that book. I printed a calendar this year. We'll see how sales go with it.

Right now it seems that to count all the orders I don't have to remove my socks, fingers are enough :D

So it seems like I lost very little by releasing book with zero profit...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some really good shots in there.

Any more sales. Looks like you did a nice job of it.

Seems like there is no more sales than initial (7 books).

But despite of this (or maybe because I don't want to admit that my photo book sucks :D ) I'll probably make another book this spring. Or maybe two books. :rolleyes: