Note to New Members ×

MP3 advice

SEJ

my player of choice is my iphone.

Although the iPhone is great, I think if I ever got one, I would still keep my shuffle. It is infinitely easier to use without looking at it...because there's nothing to look at. I mostly use it in my car, and I never have to take my eyes off the road to change songs or pause. With an iPhone, I would have to find it, pick it up, slide to unlock, then navigate a bunch of menus to go to my next song. With my shuffle, I just go to the next song. I think this simplicity also applies if I were to use it riding (I don't listen and ride, but thats a whole other topic...). To use an iPhone, or nano, or any "regular" iPod , you would have to take it out of your jacket, take your gloves off, choose your song, put it back, put your gloves back on, all with out dropping any of your gloves or your iPod from the lift. I think the iPhone is freakin sweet/phone of the gods and all, its just not the best for this application, IMHO.

Although the iPhone is great, I think if I ever got one, I would still keep my shuffle. It is infinitely easier to use without looking at it...because there's nothing to look at. I mostly use it in my car, and I never have to take my eyes off the road to change songs or pause. With an iPhone, I would have to find it, pick it up, slide to unlock, then navigate a bunch of menus to go to my next song. With my shuffle, I just go to the next song. I think this simplicity also applies if I were to use it riding (I don't listen and ride, but thats a whole other topic...). To use an iPhone, or nano, or any "regular" iPod , you would have to take it out of your jacket, take your gloves off, choose your song, put it back, put your gloves back on, all with out dropping any of your gloves or your iPod from the lift. I think the iPhone is freakin sweet/phone of the gods and all, its just not the best for this application, IMHO.

dude, double click the home button while the ipod part of the phone is playing and you don't have to unlock it you can skip back and forth like that without unlocking.

if that's not enough for you look here http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/28/iphone-ipod-touch-remote-control/

and if you really want fancy burton and a few other companies build ipod controls into jackets

Scott... my flailing neophyte friend

I saw in another post you were concerned about loading music. With itunes (and I'm sure all other software) all you have to do is put a cd in your computer and it will load to your itunes software in a couple minutes. If you are connected to the internet, all of the cd's info will transfer at the same time (artist name, song title, ect).

I just didn't know if it was PC compatible seeing as how it's made by apple. Funny thing, Gretchen went to Itunes on the internet and bought some downloads, but they won't play on her PC.

you need itunes, apple sells more music to PC users than mac users

I run my blackberry (with a 4gb SDmicro card) into my smith helmet via the skullcandy built-in headphones. Play music with the media center, and take calls on the chairlift to pretend like i'm at work, email my assistant, then back to music again. It also has a large pause button on the cord i can hit through my shell if i need to talk to someone. I couldn't tell you how many songs/albums I have on it, but I rode out west for 9 days last year without making hearing the same thing twice.