Note to New Members ×

Oxygen Proton GS 172 with Oxygen bindings $175+shipping

shawndoggy

I picked up this board with the intention of getting a long sidecut GS board. I'm light (160) and a bit of a beginner, and I'm worried that I don't have the cajones to get this thing up to speed the way it'll need to be in order to flex it. My loss is your gain.

The bindings are very adjustable and have built in three degree cants. I asked about these in the community forum and the consensus was that they are snowpros.

The board has very little use but is a bit shopworn and could use a caring hand on the tuning bench. A little edge work and a fresh wax and I'm sure it'll ride as good as new.

Will ship via USPS. Prefer paypal, but will accept money order or personal check (and you'd better be good for it!).

3044283095_6d14ca2d73_b.jpg3045120486_9a9a79403e_b.jpg

3044284657_f9345c7712.jpg?v=03044286129_99bb5da217.jpg?v=0

3045124250_5bee3636be.jpg?v=0

Unless you really need the space in your garage, I'd suggest holding on to that board. I weigh about the same as you, maybe a few pounds less. I got on a Proton 172 (the black with red flames model) in my second (maybe third?) season of hardbooting. It tossed me around a bit initially, but it's a pretty forgiving board and a fun ride.

Why don't you ride it a couple of days before you pull the trigger on getting rid of it?

Offers? Trades? Anyone? Hate to turn this thing over to ebay. Tell me your story and maybe I'll make you a smoking deal. Is this for your Grandma? Your horse? Your pet gorilla?

C'mon somebody out there needs a very lightly used rocket.

I totally would keep it, it's just that my quiver is becoming too big for me. This board just won't get ridden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...