Note to New Members ×

Which cants are you using?

BadBrad

Here is my dilemma:

But the highest and lowest points of the cant itself (orange arrows) are at 70 degrees which is what determines the angle your boot will be positioned... yes/no?

The orange arrow that you have does in fact point to the highest point of the cant, but that is only because the cant is cut so that there is a corner at that point; that is where the optical illusion comes from. If the cant were instead cut to be a perfect circle, with the outer perimeter of the circle intersecting the orange arrows, then the highest point along the perimeter of the cant would *not* be where the orange arrow is: the highest point would be on the centerline.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... What about those using F2 intecs or race titaniums?

I did a quick check a while back and here's what I found...

Single cant wedges will provide 3.5 degrees pronation or supination (depending on how they’re installed). These are used primarily for anatomical reasons. You can stack multiple wedges together to increase the angle.

Lift block set will give 3.5 to 5.5 degrees of heel or toe lift (depending on how they’re installed). The 3.5 degrees of lift would be with the largest DeeLuxe boot shell and 5.5 degrees of lift would be with the smallest DeeLuxe boot shell.

The two pieces are meant to be installed on the same foot, so that if you're wanting heel lift, the thick lift is under the heel block, and the thin lift is under the toe block of the same foot. This keeps the blocks better aligned to reduce point loading of the boots soles.

So that makes me 3.5 inward on both front and back leg, which feels comfortable on the carpet. And 5.5 degrees of back heel lift and maybe 3.5 degrees for the front toe (I put two opposing cant discs together to make a riser).

If I remove the back leg cants, my bad back knee feels torqued-- feels more natural when "knock-kneed" and I think it needs the support of my stronger front leg.

We'll see how it all rides in a couple of weeks. I knew the basics, but great continuing education for me on this subject.

I did a quick check a while back and here's what I found...

Single cant wedges will provide 3.5 degrees pronation or supination (depending on how they’re installed). These are used primarily for anatomical reasons. You can stack multiple wedges together to increase the angle.

Lift block set will give 3.5 to 5.5 degrees of heel or toe lift (depending on how they’re installed). The 3.5 degrees of lift would be with the largest DeeLuxe boot shell and 5.5 degrees of lift would be with the smallest DeeLuxe boot shell.

The two pieces are meant to be installed on the same foot, so that if you're wanting heel lift, the thick lift is under the heel block, and the thin lift is under the toe block of the same foot. This keeps the blocks better aligned to reduce point loading of the boots soles.

Do you know where I can buy lift blocks? I bought my bindings used and they did not come with the blocks. :(

I've been always riding flat in the front and around 3-6 in the back. My burton race plates came with the disk pictured in thor's post and that thing lines me up just right.

Maybe once this rain goes away, I'll use my cateks and try some lift in the front.

48* and rain for the next 24 hours :AR15firin

I'm trying to get up to "speed" so to speak on this canting thing.

Does anyone have experience with what to do with when you've got bowed legs? In otherwords I'm a supinator...if I'm going to roll an ankle it'll be to the outside.

Right now I ride 0 front and 6 back. Should I try 3 and 6?...-3 and 6? Any advice would be helpful.

Any idea where I can get spares for F2s?
Do you know where I can buy lift blocks?

This is a tough one. F2 manufactures the parts for the bindings and then assembles them. Any leftover parts are then available to distributors as spares for that season. As many of you are aware, last season was a non-production year due to financial turmoil, so... no spares right now!

New bindings come with one set of lift blocks and we add a second set to the bindings we sell but as noted above, we can't get spares such as lift block sets.

Why not drop an email direct to F2 (info@f2.com) and ask them for a set? They'll need to know the model and size of your bindings.

You might also want to check with Bomber to see what they have.

Does anyone have experience with what to do with when you've got bowed legs? In otherwords I'm a supinator...if I'm going to roll an ankle it'll be to the outside.

There's a tech article here. In addition to that article, you may want to look at aligning your boot cuffs to your lower leg.