Note to New Members ×

F2 or TD2's?

MUD

Mud

If you're like me, you like the Ibex for the lateral flex they offer. F2 will feel and perform much the same way. TD2 are much stiffer but as stated much more durable. I tried the TD2 on several occasions and even with the yellow elastomer and yellow suspension kit they were too stiff for my liking.

Keep an eye out for a new binding on the market in the next few weeks. They will be the best of both worlds.... durability and flex that you can fine tune.

Mud

If you're like me, you like the Ibex for the lateral flex they offer. F2 will feel and perform much the same way. TD2 are much stiffer but as stated much more durable. I tried the TD2 on several occasions and even with the yellow elastomer and yellow suspension kit they were too stiff for my liking.

Keep an eye out for a new binding on the market in the next few weeks. They will be the best of both worlds.... durability and flex that you can fine tune.

YUP!

Sounds interesting, I'm not in a hurry.

What boots are you using Thor?

I thought I already responded to this post, but seemingly it disappeared somehow.

I have both. I think the winner is clearly the TD2. Much more solid construction, gives more feedback, more direct and more precise.

Also from a construction perspective I wonder that for years binding manufacturers did not consider the issue of mounting an asymmetrical (relative to the board's longitudinal axis) plate onto a board that is supposed to bend in a perfect arc.

So why do I have an F2? Well, it is mounted onto a board that I lend many times to friends and also use as a rock-board, and the F2 binding is way easier to set / re-set.

This is interesting as I thought it was just me. The only bindings I have found functional on my Powstick are F2's, TD1's and even the Phiokka's I tried were also too stiff. I run them at more relaxed angles also, as quicker moves are often necessary off piste.

The TD2s rock though on the WCR and 4WD, but I found them even more enjoyable with Bomber's suspension kit.

From a quality / durablity / adjustability standpoint, I haven't see anything that surpasses TD2's, just a well thought out design all around, well until the TD3's hit the store.