Note to New Members ×

Planning less trips b/c of economy?

Loc

This recession is a huge bummer. Just curious if anyone else is reducing the number of trips they plan on making or foregoing equipment upgrades. At the end of last season I decided I need to go outside of California but now I'll be saving that cash.

I'm definitely thinking about it. But instead of going less, I'm thinking about ways to carpool or other fuel-saving / money saving idea. I got a house right at the mountain this year so I can walk to the hill once I'm up there. At least the cost of gas is coming down a bit. I was thinking I might be paying $5/gallon like earlier in the year.

No way! My trip is 19 miles each way and my lodging is covered my my mortgage payment :cool:

I did however commute on my bike and skateboard religiously this summer, saving my fuel consumption for winter. I've only been to the gas station once each month since Memorial Day.

No way! My trip is 19 miles each way and my lodging is covered my my mortgage payment :cool:

I did however commute on my bike and skateboard religiously this summer, saving my fuel consumption for winter. I've only been to the gas station once each month since Memorial Day.

You need to get some studded tires for a longboard so you can skateboard home!

given my present health I don't know if I'll be snowboarding at all but if I do it will local

Hang in there!

And remember, "there's always next year"

For me, it's not the state of the economy, just the state of my checking account!

Might spend more money on upgrading gear this year than on getting to the mountains.