Note to New Members ×

Palmer

Rob Stevens

f'ing waste of talent. Don't make a suicidal drug addict into your hero of snowboarding. For all of his talents, he was a piece of sh!t waste of oxygen.

thank god someone else thinks this, I have met him here and there and people kiss his ass like he's a god but he's a world class prick.

I've said the guy is tool on other forums and people get all upset, many of which who have never been in the same room with the guy or know anyone who has other than bull**** account of someone's third cousin's half brother that rode a chair with him in tahoe and toked up with him so he must be cool type accounts.

Terje was and still is a better rider anyway.

Easy to say things about him if you have never meet him or had to interact with him. Yup he is over the top much of the time with his actions, but a waste of talent.....The guy has made an image for himself, like it or not, and it sells most importantly he can back up the talk with action. Look at all the sports he has won in, motocross, world cup downhill mt. biking, SBX, skier cross, half pipe. I guess he is one of those people who you either like him or like to hate him. If you are one of the haters, please give me a specific example of something he has done to you personally to make you have the opinion you have. Bob when you have met him "here and there" what did you do to you specifically to make him a "world class prick"?

Also Bob, does Terje have a chance at a medal in the 2010 Olympics? My bet would be not. But after watching Palmer ride in Argentina last week I think he has a legit chance at one. Who knows what would have happend in 06 if he didn't injure himself. I'm not claiming that Palmer is a better snowboarder than Terje, personally I feel they are too different to properly compare, but Palmer was world champion before Terje and won the x-games long after Terje stopped competiting and has podiumed a world cup in '08.......

yup, that's where my experiences with the guy come from as well, US open parties

yes, he can back the **** up but this documentary is totally trying to make a hero/antihero out of the guy. no one doubts he was unreal and one of the most versitile athletes around.

The part that kills me is someone let Danny Kass talk and wanted to film it. 1, I did not know kass could speak that well, actually completed a sentence. 2, Danny Kass being used to offer a opinion on a snowboarder is like asking mike tyson for commentary on a boxing documentary, could find someone better. Could of found someone else, like someone who was around when the palm was dominating. Todd Richards, Terje and so on.

Phil, things like talking **** outside of his various sports, chucking beer bottles at little kids heads hard enough that they shattered on walls behind them, ripping off kegs from a party and associated tough guy type bull****, I heard quite a bit from other present events he was but I there for. Certain types of decency go a long way with me.

the terje comment had more to do with pipe.

Also, with BX he did dominate and I doubt anyone will own it like he did forever but at the same time he was doing it more than most of the other great talent at the time. Not saying that makes his riding any less of a accomplishment but I am saying in BX he dominated a sport that he was probably participating in more than anyone else.

all that said I'd LOVE to see the guy start winning again he may be a ******* but that type of talent deserves to be seen by the world no matter how much of a bastard you are, it speaks for it's self.

I just hate when people make it out to be that because they rip they must be cool too.

As far as my Kass comments go I just find him annoying, known for giving employees **** a certain resort he used to ride and may still ride pretty often and in various media events.

hil - my comments are inspired by 2 seasons in tahoe during the first peak of his career and having the misfortune of knowing the guy. I'm not going into it any more than that, but the guy displays a boatload of natural talent and could have been a real ambassador for the sport, but he decided a long time ago that he had to live by some bull**** bad boy image and never changed.

Maybe he has his sh!t together now, but I'm still amazed that he passed the doping controls in the last olympic trials.

:rolleyes:

I've heard some of the same stories about Dave England, pro snowboarder,Jackass fame.First class Douche.

My friends knew him in Breck, way back when.

stealing a friends car and totalling it and thinking it's funny. NOT Cool,man.

Palm just amazes tho. Ya gotta admit

Hetzel seemed like a nice guy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIYBQe9Og-U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIYBQe9Og-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

post-123-141842260075_thumb.jpg

Yes I will say Terje was and is a better pipe rider, but it isn't fair to say he is a better snowboarder. I'm a better G.S. racer than Terje, but no way am I a better snowboarder.

It still isn't fair to say Palmer dominated SBX when no one else letgit was racing it. If Palmer stopped racing when he dominated the x-games then I would partially agree with you. But the guy is still a contender on the World Cup circut. During the first South American Cup event in Chapelco Palmer finished 2nd in the qualifier, and had a big lead in the finals but went down on the second to last feature giving the win to Baumgartner and finishing 4th. It was a full world cup feild in the race. During the actual World Cup he qualified for the top 32, but went out in the first round, so did Wescott and a few other of the top guys. The fact that he can still podium a world cup at 39 (he will be 40 in Nov) after a torn achillies is extremely impressive. If he wins a World Cup event he will be the oldest male to do so by far (Bezzetto is currently the oldest to win one at 34). So I guess all the current World Cup field is still very low skill because Palmer can keep up, is that what you are saying?

The times I met him, he was friendly enough.

It could have had alot to do with the fact that we have good mutual friends, so I guess I had an "in".

Regardless, he gets it done in the sports I like the best, so for me he's the G.O.A.T.

Happy to hear he's doing so well down south.

Is Terje looking for an Olympic qualifying spot? He sure has changed his tune there...

Yes I will say Terje was and is a better pipe rider, but it isn't fair to say he is a better snowboarder. I'm a better G.S. racer than Terje, but no way am I a better snowboarder.

It still isn't fair to say Palmer dominated SBX when no one else letgit was racing it. If Palmer stopped racing when he dominated the x-games then I would partially agree with you. But the guy is still a contender on the World Cup circut. During the first South American Cup event in Chapelco Palmer finished 2nd in the qualifier, and had a big lead in the finals but went down on the second to last feature giving the win to Baumgartner and finishing 4th. It was a full world cup feild in the race. During the actual World Cup he qualified for the top 32, but went out in the first round, so did Wescott and a few other of the top guys. The fact that he can still podium a world cup at 39 (he will be 40 in Nov) after a torn achillies is extremely impressive. If he wins a World Cup event he will be the oldest male to do so by far (Bezzetto is currently the oldest to win one at 34). So I guess all the current World Cup field is still very low skill because Palmer can keep up, is that what you are saying?

noooooooooooo, I'm saying by sheer numbers I doubt anyone is going to be able to do what he did if not forever but at least until he quits and has been done for a long time. My point was more that he put more into BX and got more back out of BX at the time than anyone else. More people are putting focus on it these days and it is more competitive if he can still do it says that much more about the guy.

It would be unreal, I'd still think the guy is a tool though.