Note to New Members ×

Warning: Hackers attempt at getting into Bomber

fin

Hello All,

Judging by the pile of e-mail I have this morning from all ask "what is up with this?" a large percentage of us received this e-mail:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear (username),

Your account on Bomber Carving Community has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 216.255.179.130

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,

Bomber Carving Community

Someone set up a bot to try a bunch (maybe all?) our user names and try passwords for each. I have heard of this done on other forums as well. If they where able to log-in as someone I have no idea what they would do? Nothing stopping them from just registering as it is.

Bottom line is this is not a threat to you guys and we have banned the IP address to at least stop them from try with that again. The system will not let them try more then 5 times before locking them out. Good thing. Odds are they did not succeed and have moved on to other forums on the internet. Just another ass-hat hacker with nothing better to do.

For those who sent me e-mails asking "what's up" there you go. Too many to respond to at this point.

In engineering circles we used =to remark about those people desperately in need of a plexi-glass belly button to see where they where going.

In fact at Hamilton Standard in Windsor Locks,CT we in the facilities engineering group often sent six inch diameter Plexi-glass belly awards to deserving individuals via the internal mail system.

Heh heh heh!

GWS