Note to New Members ×

hey fin!

Coloradoking

I was recently perusing about this years "transworld sucks" thread, and had the notion that bomberonline should publish its own alpine specific magazine :D

i think that if everyone is complaining about not getting a big publicity run with alpine snowboarding; you should get something going, races, news, gear, events, etc.

just a thought!

It's online.

www.bomberonline.com

Not trying to be flip, a lot of people don't realize there's more to this site than the forum.

Check out the Bomber Files and Tech Articles for articles and the Gallery for photos and video. Yeah, it's not periodical, but nobody seems to want to write on a regular basis.

A magazine gets suggested every year. It never happens. If Snowboard Journal couldn't make it...

There is a reason that Carve is only a once a year magazine in Japan where a larger percentage of snowboarders are on alpine gear...there just isn't enough money in the alpine market to support an all alpine periodical.

Pretty much what everyone here has said and pointed out. Just not enough readers to justify. Of course the hope is it will change but I don't see it happening soon.

Jack is right, the site is pretty much our e-zine. Given we could use more content and we always invite people to submit articles, but we just don't have a ton of steady content to tap from right now.

Utahcarver hit it as well, our catalog was a good start and it was interesting to see the feedback on it. Maybe the next one will be bigger, then the next, etc. Better save this first one in a wrapper, someday you'll see on E-Bay for who knows how much!

Fin, would it be possible to team up with some of the other alpine gear suppliers to build up fairly substantial catalog? I realize there is some competition there so that's a reason not to team up, but it would be cool to have one catalog with tons of stuff in there. Enough for everybody.